Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EZ-EP programer from M2L Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabemer

Hi, I been looking all over google and is very litlle info about this programer,If somebody has this M2l EZ-EP programer that can give me some info about the comunication cable?I will apriciate so much, I had this programer for long time that i just find it again but i canot find the cable, I did try with a DB25 with 26 pin female header cable from a old motherboard with no luck, i run the software and says no program is present,may be dead, i dont remember what kind of cable had it, serial or parallel, i think i remember was a ribon cable with 2 cables swaped on the header, if somebody can post some pictures or schematics of the cable please!

Attachments

• 100_0147.JPG
    100_0147.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 230
  • 100_0146.JPG
    100_0146.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 247
If I remember correctly, they were low budget, parallel port driven, eprom programmers. Personally I would dedicate it to a museum and buy something much more up to date, something that is less likely to give me a sore head trying to make it work with the myriad of devices I have a need to program nowadays :)

im not a programer my self, just that i m interested on try to experiment with a few microcontrollers like a pic16c57 and a few others i been gathering from electronics,last time i use it was working fine ,so i hope is the cable, thanks any way for your fast response but i will keep tryn

That's not a horrible programmer - I still use mine to this day although the guy has gone out of business. It is a parallel port driven programmer and I can get a picture if you want when I get a chance. Let me know if you want me to pin it out, because I don't recall seeing any wires swapped in the ribbon cable. Out of curiosity you did have the power adapter connected to it, correct? I just wasn't seeing it in the pics you took as they were taking forever to load and IE wasn't handling them too well for the size. I use mine on an old Win98 laptop since it isn't too friendly with Win7.

Thanks,
Greg

Last edited:
Do you still have the software.If so how may I obtain it from you I will check my cable and see what it consist of

thanks ron

....MOD edit Don't post email addresses The bots will have a field day

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back