1. Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
    Dismiss Notice

ETO/Tools, Unusable Condition.

Discussion in 'Site Issues & Feedback' started by ericgibbs, Aug 6, 2017.

1. ericgibbs

ericgibbs Well-Known Member Most Helpful Member

hi Mods, Admin.
    The Tools programming has not been maintained for many months and the Tools etc, are unusable and look a real mess.
    Any newcomers being directed/linked to Tools will get a very poor impression of ETO.

I would suggest that if Admin does not want to refurbish them and keep them upto date, the complete Tools section be deleted.

Eric

Would be interested to hear the opinions of my fellow members.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ian Rogers

Ian Rogers Super Moderator Most Helpful Member

Agreed! These should be maintained.... The deletion would be a last resort as I think they have been very useful..

dmiyares If you talk to Eric, see if you can agree on maintaining these tools... Eric did write most of them!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. flatfootskier

flatfootskier Member

When you're after some info, the last thing I care about is how messy it might be...

4. dave

Dave New Member

5. jpanhalt

jpanhalt Well-Known Member Most Helpful Member

If revived, perhaps that section could be supplemented with tools (original scripts or links to sites) that are not oriented to the 555 and very basic stuff.

For example, there are several sites to help calculate the values for PIC PWM registers, e.g., http://www.micro-examples.com/public/microex-navig/doc/097-pwm-calculator.html I have referenced that calculator several times. It might be beneficial to keep such references in house.

If that suggestion is considered viable, then perhaps a group should be formed to pick the top version, plus maybe an alternative site(s) for each calculator. Without such selection discrimination, the list will grow quickly to something that is less helpful than a Google search.

6. ericgibbs

Like the Title of this Thread states, the Tools are unusable, so the last thing you would get from the visiting Tools, would be info.

7. DerStrom8

DerStrom8 Super Moderator Most Helpful Member

Which ones are unusable? I just tried five or six of them and they still work. A few of them are missing images but the inputs, outputs, and calculations still seem to work.

8. ericgibbs

hi Matt,
    Try from LM317, about number 8 and down, the graphics are missing.
    The layouts are missing in part.

The first few tools were posted by Phil Gay

E