Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ETO Online Quiz Sheets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, nevermind. I just made a few stupid mistakes. Didn't really think things through. It's all good, Ian :)

Ian,

I got Q8 wrong and I shall pay more attention in future. Nice quiz.

Edit, surely, only "A" will print - not "z".
Edit2, yes, you got me twice, your answer is correct. I shouldn't try these quizzes after being in a bar.

Mike.

Last edited:
I was quite pleased to score 6 :D

No idea if any of the answers might be incorrect or not.

They are all correct, but there are a couple of trick questions in there. That's what threw me off :p:D

hi,
You can now also include a small GIF image as part of your question, no bigger than 400*300 pixels, please.
E.

Last edited:
* Common Engineering Abbreviations: 10
* Electronics & Electrical Engineering: 10
* Computer History: 8 (I had Q10 (reverse polish notation) and Q2 (memory in the "ole PCs") wrong..

EDIT: C Programming Language: 9 (Ian, I just sent you a private message).

Last edited:
Ian, you trickster :D

When I write code, it's not a problem because it's symbolic so I can't miss. But then I tried to read your mind and asked myself :Is he talking about the case when two things are identical, or is he talking about simple affectation (I thought EQU in Assembly) ? I figured it was the second and I was wrong.

Two different things indeed. Two strings are "identical" not "equal". As much as I'd like to use the "proper" words as defined by the language creators, I like to reserve the word "equal" for quantities and numbers. So I read "if (string1==string2)" as "If string1 is identical to string2" .. But I read if (number1==number2)" as "If number1 is equal to number2". And "number=2" as "Let number equal 2".

I just like using the right word with the right concept. I know, too much semantics.. But we must be precise and must use the right words for the right things. Unforgiving language, as you said.

* Computer History: 8 (I had Q10 (reverse polish notation) and Q2 (memory in the "ole PCs") wrong..

I guess that putting Reverse Polish in was a little nasty. I remember using a calculator that used RP.

I might do a Pic Assembly Language one this weekend.

Mike.

Jugurtha... In C a=1 has always been assignment.... The correct terminology is assignment the wording was equality not equal. (I'm not having a go... I want others to understand)

Its time you submitted one...

Mike.. I used to have a reverse poilsh calculator.... I should have known better.

:D i got nine :D

5 on Reloadron :p

i saw something wrong. at Q7 of Reloadron's quiz, i answered "diode". Then after clicking a button on top to show my score, i saw on Q7. Q7: "Correct: A Whetstone bridge circuit."

Last edited:
:D i got nine :D

5 on Reloadron :p

i saw something wrong. at Q7 of Reloadron's quiz, i answered "diode". Then after clicking a button on top to show my score, i saw on Q7. Q7: "Correct: A Whetstone bridge circuit."

Corrected::rolleyes:

Thanks Eric as I never caught it. The correct answer is diode. :)

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back