Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ESP8266 12e

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosaic

Hi All:
I am trying to do I²C with this 12 e unit, can anyone advise if I can use GPIO 6,7 for SCL,SDA? 4.7K pullups to 3.3Vcc.

thx
esp8266_esp12e_pinout.png

I think that is right spi is gpio 12 to 15
clk is 12
data 13
CS 15
Q is 12
Thats 7 Data and 6 clk on that pic

Last edited:
Are you sure that even HAS an I2C interface??? SPI and I2C aren't hardware or software compatible.

I2C is inherently two wire where an "Ack" is used whereas SPI is pure serial using three wires where two "MISO and MOSI" are a ring connection.... You would need to re-write the firmware on the Wifi unit... If you tried the connection as you need, the data return would be though GPIO 7 and as it is simultaneous it would be impossible to read the answer whilst transmitting the question..

Lol I thought he said spi sorry. It can do i2c too there's a api for that that you add to firmware

Yeah there's a s'ware lib build to do i2c and map it to different GPIO.
I think GPIO2 & 4 are used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back