Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Entry level Digital scope Uk prices / Uk warranty ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wp100

Hi,

Been looking around at entry level Digital scopes like the Rigol 1052E, Owon, Hantek DSO5102 P and most seem available from sellers in China but with stocks dispatched from within the UK.

Though their sites sometimes say 3 year warranty, wondered if they are really worth anything at all, will the manufacturer honour the warranty ?

Be interested to hear if anyone has bought such lo cost scopes and if they had any warranty claims , problems etc.

Seen this Hantek scope at an amazing UK price, but all my senses say whats the catch ....? ( even the rip off web name worries me !)
**broken link removed**

I've had a DSO201 (paid $80USD when new) that has served me well for several years. Only just now needing a new battery (still works fine w/USB power - waiting on the new batt).

If the scope suits your wants/desires, that strikes me as a very attractive price...

Code:
Domain name:
rigoloscilloscope.co.uk

Registrant:
yoyo ping

Registrant type:
Unknown

Registrant's address:
sc cheng du
cheng du
sc
China

Data validation:
Registrant name and address awaiting validation

So it is a .co.uk domain registered to someone in China. I would be slightly cautious about expecting any long term warranty although they could be totally genuine.

Without any return policy i would be really cautious about buing that without trying it out beforehand. I have used a cheap-class Agilent 60Mhz digital scope and it was the biggest PITA i have ever seen, glitching, aliasing and losing your captured waveform whenever you tried to zoom in. No fancy functions whatsoever.
I'm not saying this Hantek has to be crap as I have not seen any reviews on this one, but I have seen a few, and if you ever used any decent digital scope you will be sadly dissapointed with these cheap scopes. I have to say 170 pounds is nowhere near enough for a new proper dual channel 100Mhz scope, unless it is an old, used brand-name analog scope. You will be much better off lurking on ebay and the like, for sure you can get much bettter toys there for the same price.

The Rigol DS1052E is a very good Chinese-made entry-level digital oscilloscope with excellent build quality and a lot of positive reviews on reputable site such as eevblog. It is 50 MHz but can be software-patched to 100 MHz with no apparent issues. Even at just 50 MHz it is well worth the price with lots of sample memory and USB output. Mine has been working well after 3 years of purchase - it came with one year of warranty but I never needed to use that.

Last edited:
Hi,

Just some info on this subject that might be useful to others.

Regarding the Ebay ads from the Chinese sellers saying "Makers distributors" " 3 years warranty" etc etc.

Have mailed both the EU main agents and the Chinese sellers.

Basically the Chinese ebayers may well be Authorised sellers etc but that only applies to China.
When they sell in the UK should a warranty claim be needed then the unit must be returned to China; the warranty will not be covered by the makers main agents in the UK or EU.

Regarding these main agents most of the big makers, if they do not have a UK based agent like Rigol, seem to have an EU base in Germany, all of which have an online webshop so you can buy from them at a price that includes all taxes etc ( no import duties)

All I need to do now is decided which on which to buy, Hantek 5102p , Siglent 1102CNL, Owon 7102 or the older Rigol 1052E, oh decisions decisions :wideyed::nailbiting:...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back