1. Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
    Dismiss Notice

'ello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Sonic2k, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Sonic2k

Sonic2k New Member

Hi there
    Sonic2k here, from South Africa

Found this place by pure chance.
    I was an electronic design engineer for 13 years. I gave it up, because in South Africa its pretty much the kind of occupation that will kill you eventually with stress, and the added 'benefit' of being a relatively low paying occupation. So I did the next best thing, went into IT, became a software developer, so sit by day in fancy office, with all creature comforts, hammering out code, for the banking industry while at night and on weekends I still do lots of electronics and blow stuff up complete with YouTube vids.

At least some of the people I subscribe to on Youtube, hang out here which is cool.

2. cowboybob

cowboybob Well-Known Member Most Helpful Member

Welcome to ETO, Sonic2k!

What sort of stuff do you blow up?

(Went and looked - httphttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SWnLeXatrw)

You have way too much time on your hands :woot:. Does look like fun, though :cool:.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  3. Sonic2k

Sonic2k New Member

Thanks
    Stuff like RODALCO2007 and Aussie50 do on their YouTube channels, the usual, washing machines, etc. Until recently I lived in an area where this activity would have led to the cops being called on me. Thankfully that's behind us, just waiting for the weather to get better and I will see what I can do next :D I had an epic motor death on my video camera, sadly the camera was stolen :( before I could upload to YT.

The YT channel is youtube.com/users/miyukisan782