Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronics tutor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redazeguane

Few years ago i was studying electronics in wesminster college in london.the teacher gave us a diskette of this programm :''Electronic tutor'' that run on dos i believe.its was a small programm on 1 mb Flopp disk but had all the basic principles of electronics.it had chematics of moving electrons on atoms an moving current and so on...it was escelltent.unfortunatley the floppy i had is damaged and i cant access the information.i am back to electronics again(should have finished the course) and trying to find this tutor.
can anyone help or advice on a smilar.it was from an american company thats all i remember and blue screen.
many thanks

Please don't keep posting the same question--if someone knows where to find the program they'll let you know.

If I were you, I'd start looking on abandonware sites such as:

**broken link removed**

https://www.opus.co.tt/dave/apps.htm

. . .and so on.

In a little bit of searching, I found this: **broken link removed** which is an old electronics tutor, but does not have any graphics or animation (which you implied might have been the case in the program you're looking for) and does not have a blue screen. It might be what you're looking for but I don't think so. Thought I'd post the link just in case. :)

Good luck (and be patient!),

Torben

The software is from an outfit called MicaSoft who have sunk without trace. It's very dated but still fairly useful, rather like me, and I have a copy and have contacted Redazeguane privately.
It was written some time ago (for EGA displays) and the version I have is slightly updated but it's a bit of a lottery whether it will display correctly.

Very little, very late, but better than nothing.

micasoft

can you please send me or direct me to the micasoft Four Part Electronics Tutorial? I really need your help, I cant find any other reference to this amazing program.

thanks,
John

I don't know anything about what you are looking for, but I did find something that you may be interested in. Twisted Pair makes tutorial software that is animated etc. I downloaded the free lesson one and it looked really low-grade, but I'm sure the DOS program that you are looking for isn't rendered 3D or anything.

As for the MicaSoft software rendering correctly, I would try running DOS 7 (or freedos) in a virtual machine. It may help depending on where the rendering problem lies.

EDIT: Oh, and it should be noted that youtube is a great place for tutorials and, even better, opencourseware from MIT. A Lot of great information on youtube. Not just skateboarding monkeys; although they are really cool too.

Last edited:
Hi Phil!
i was a student in your class.i have sent you an email privately
hope you read it message.you gave me the program back in 1996 or 1997.
hope to hear from you soon.

Hay! I am SammyK and I have all the four copies available but only run on 32 Bits. Let me know how you can receive them. Hope you will love it as you already know it. Very good program.
Thanks

Electronjc Tutor

Hay! I am SammyK and I have all the four copies available but only run on 32 Bits. Let me know how you can receive them. Hope you will love it as you already know it. Very good program.
Thanks

15/03/17

Hi guys, I remember the "Micasoft Four Part Electronics Tutorial" and have been trying hard with no success to obtain a copy for the past couple of years.

I first saw a demonstration of it at my local college in May 1995 (with its little animations showing the flow of electrons etc...), that and Seetrax Ranger on DOS and was blown away. I left school at 15 and signed up straight away.

Although I am a Software Engineer these days, I would love to obtain a copy of this application once again. If anyone can help at all, it would be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks

Gary Black

e-mail address deleted
Putting e-mail address in open view is a bad idea, it can generate spam.
Moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back