Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronics project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bavleen Singh

Hello, Am new in electronic projects thread, Am in final year B.Sc(C.S). Till now i have not asked about any working project.But now professors asked me to make a simple but immpresive working project on electronic physics.

Please help me out to make a simple but immpressive project on electronic physics. Do give me thorough details on any topic related to electronics(simple but immpressive. I need it as soon as possible.

Thanx.......

[FONT=&quot]That why the Indians are so incompetent.
I emailed Ramesh Chopra, the CEO of Electronics For You magazine, who has been producing the magazine for the past 50 years and provided him with dozens of articles.
He has not replied to me for the past 6 weeks except to say he is very busy and will look into it next week, then next week etc. etc.
I also contacted Electronics Maker, another Indian magazine and have not received a reply.
Out of 12 email addresses, not one reply.
It is no wonder they have so many mistakes in their magazines and have no input via western authors.

[/FONT]

Last edited:
are u the colin who wrote for "Talking Electronics"?

Last edited:
Well if it is I owe a huge debt of gratitude.
I started with FM transmitters and went to full call from that interest and the intigue of how transmitters worked. Transistors too. Have 6 of those early magazines. You never know ur luck. I'm all cashed up and looking so PM me with any publication ideas u may have!

Surprisingly, I was the first in the world to provide PC boards stuck to the magazine that had an overlay and could be built without any reference to anything else.
I was also the first to have no advertisements in the magazine - the one thing I detest.
When I was given my first job of providing projects I was "thrown" a dummy and told to "fill in the holes."
The adverts were already positioned and I had to add the articles "around the advertisements."
The projects were the least of their concern.
I only lasted a few weeks then started my own magazine.
Their whole attitude was contempt . . . "We don't need experimenters"
Amazingly, my magazine outlasted 3 of the competitors. Then I was about to take over Poptronics, when Larry Steckler, the CEO pulled the plug.
After all, how could a magazine exist for $19.99 per year and pay the subscription-agents $7.99?
This leaves $12.00 for 12 magazines for printing, postage and contributor costs.
All magazines sell a miniscule number of copies compared to the hey-day of electronics in the '80's.
However I can say the approach I presented was successful. I have met dozens who started with the magazine and made a career of electronics.
Very few articles explain how a circuit actually works and the thought-process that went into the design. And that was my approach. To teach the fundamentals.
This is most important if you want to understand how to design things yourself.
From my item above, I doubt if I will ever see a reply from
Ramesh Chopra as I have pages of faulty Electronics For You circuits on my site, and have requested replies from the Indian designers – to no avail.
The last reply I got, concerned 6 white LEDs on a 12v supply. Even the electronics Editor Sani Theo did not flinch when I said white LEDs have a characteristic voltage of about 3.2v – 3.6v.
The author of the article replied by saying he had while LEDs that “turned on” at 2.2v.
I am still waiting for a reply as to how 6 LEDs will operate on 12v.
The magazine says it has a readership of 300,000 but the number of printed copies is about 45,000. What? Six people read each issue?
[FONT=&quot]This is one of the biggest FRAUDs perpetrated by magazines, to confound the advertiser.
Previously the fraud was 2.3:1 Now it is 6:1.
I agree, magazines are the backbone of dispersing electronics information and circuitry, but their price has made them prohibitively expensive.
One of the best magazines is Silicon Chip. It is produced in the smallest country in the world and has the best quality paper and photographs imaginable.
All its articles are now being relayed to one of the UK magazines. This will help bolster the income for SC and hopefully allow it to keep going for a long time yet.
Apart from all of this, the web is the winner.
It has made the PIC chip a complete success.
There are other microcontrollers too, that have become a huge success due to the web.
Fortunately the web is expanding at a prolific rate and all those companies that charged subscription-fees for datasheets etc etc have keeled over and now everything is free.
Almost every book and magazine is available on the web for free, you just have to look for it.
This has enabled many hobbyists to take up this interesting and challenging field.
If I did not design a new circuit or project each day, I would go mad.
Nothing requires your “alpha state of mind” like programming.
That’s why there are so few electronics engineers and programmers.
It requires such a high level of thought.
And that’s why, once you understand the fundamentals, you have a challenging career for the rest (read: remainder) of your life.
That’s why I am so annoyed when someone asks to help him with a project – to pass an exam.
We don’t want people like this entering the field AT ALL.

[/FONT]

Last edited:
Surprisingly, I was the first in the world to provide PC boards stuck to the magazine that had an overlay and could be built without any reference to anything else.
I was also the first to have no advertisements in the magazine - the one thing I detest.
When I was given my first job of providing projects I was "thrown" a dummy and told to "fill in the holes."
The adverts were already positioned and I had to add the articles "around the advertisements."
The projects were the least of their concern.
I only lasted a few weeks then started my own magazine.
Their whole attitude was contempt . . . "We don't need experimenters"
Amazingly, my magazine outlasted 3 of the competitors. Then I was about to take over Poptronics, when Larry Steckler, the CEO pulled the plug.
After all, how could a magazine exist for $19.99 per year and pay the subscription-agents $7.99?
This leaves $12.00 for 12 magazines for printing, postage and contributor costs.
All magazines sell a miniscule number of copies compared to the hey-day of electronics in the '80's.
However I can say the approach I presented was successful. I have met dozens who started with the magazine and made a career of electronics.
Very few articles explain how a circuit actually works and the thought-process that went into the design. And that was my approach. To teach the fundamentals.
This is most important if you want to understand how to design things yourself.
From my item above, I doubt if I will ever see a reply from
Ramesh Chopra as I have pages of faulty Electronics For You circuits on my site, and have requested replies from the Indian designers – to no avail.
The last reply I got, concerned 6 white LEDs on a 12v supply. Even the electronics Editor Sani Theo did not flinch when I said white LEDs have a characteristic voltage of about 3.2v – 3.6v.
The author of the article replied by saying he had while LEDs that “turned on” at 2.2v.
I am still waiting for a reply as to how 6 LEDs will operate on 12v.
The magazine says it has a readership of 300,000 but the number of printed copies is about 45,000. What? Six people read each issue?
[FONT=&quot]This is one of the biggest FRAUDs perpetrated by magazines, to confound the advertiser.
Previously the fraud was 2.3:1 Now it is 6:1.
I agree, magazines are the backbone of dispersing electronics information and circuitry, but their price has made them prohibitively expensive.
One of the best magazines is Silicon Chip. It is produced in the smallest country in the world and has the best quality paper and photographs imaginable.
All its articles are now being relayed to one of the UK magazines. This will help bolster the income for SC and hopefully allow it to keep going for a long time yet.
Apart from all of this, the web is the winner.
It has made the PIC chip a complete success.
There are other microcontrollers too, that have become a huge success due to the web.
Fortunately the web is expanding at a prolific rate and all those companies that charged subscription-fees for datasheets etc etc have keeled over and now everything is free.
Almost every book and magazine is available on the web for free, you just have to look for it.
This has enabled many hobbyists to take up this interesting and challenging field.
And that’s why, once you understand the fundamentals, you have a challenging career for the rest (read: remainder) of your life.
That’s why I am so annoyed when someone asks to help him with a project – to pass an exam.

[/FONT]

Hi Colin,
Thank you for your history in magazines but I have been getting the siliconchip magazine since '02 and in newsagents I never saw any of yours. I do know your in Melbourne so Adelaide isn't far away so why no magazines over this way ????. Even back in the late 70's in NSW in newsagents I never saw your magazine so are you saying you went out of business before 1975 ???

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]One of the best magazines is Silicon Chip. It is produced in the smallest country in the world ... [/FONT]
[/FONT]
Hold on there!
I thought that Silicon Chip was an Australian Magazine. (It certainly has .au in its web address).

Australia has a population of more than 21 million, there are many countries with less than that.
In terms of land area, Australia is bigger than most other countries.

So how do you come to the conclusion that Silicon Chip magazine is produced in one of the smalles countries in the world?

JimB

Population wise he means
Only 10% of the worlds population live in the southern hemisphere=did u know that?
Shhhh don't yell too loud lest the masses hear us

Last edited:
Last edited:

[/FONT][/COLOR]

I don't know you and I already like you.

I gave up on magazines a long time ago. In the 70s electronic magazines were great I still have all the 70s and some of the 80s magazines in my library. Not days magazines are 99% advertisements. I bought a travel magazine about 10 years ago it was in a plastic wrap so the customer could not look before they buy. It was 136 pages of advertisement with a 1/2 page artical about Albuquerque New Mexico. If anyone from Albuquerque bought that magizine I bet they were pissed off. All the good hands on magazines have good out of business. People bought those magazine for the educational articals when they turned into 99% advertisements no one wanted to read them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back