1. Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
    Dismiss Notice

Electronics-Lab

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by hotwaterwizard, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Torben

Torben Well-Known Member

My experience has mostly been in the indie music scene but my wife is a visual artist (BFA from Emily Carr). The music scene is thriving, there is a lot of support for the new and unusual, and there are always gallery shows to go to and lots of interesting community events.

That said, not a lot of folks actually make a living at it. But we always had great support from both the community (mostly east Van but lots of downtown shows and several cross-Canada and US tours) and the CBC was good to us from day one.

If we'd been trying to pay the bills with it I think we would have gotten very bitter very quickly, but not from lack of support. More because it's just not often a viable business plan until a name has been firmly established.

Just my experience though. :)

Torben

2. BeeBop

BeeBop Active Member

That's great! I hope you are well received south of the boarder as well! The musicians I know (and theater people,) all seem to be so much more 'up front' with each other, than any of the 'visual' ones I have met. I'm hoping the visual arts scene here isn't so combative, as where I was, but...

I think my bitterness has more to do with working as a sessional, and seeing some of those in positions of authority, abusing that. I have wished, ever since, that I had taken the invitation from computing science to enter their program, when I took their undergraduate programming courses as a grad student.

Hind site is always 20/20, though. :D

I have a friend who teaches in printmaking at Emily Carr.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2008
  3. Hero999

Hero999 Banned

Has anyone heard about the competition over on Electronics Lab?
    http://www.electronics-lab.com/forum/index.php?topic=15785.0

Going by the quality of some of the projects over there it shouldn't be hard to win.

By the way, don't worry about this thread ElectroMaster, I can't see anyone leaving this forum for Electronics-Lab. That place is more like North Korea than New Zealand.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  4. dave

Dave New Member

5. robb01

robb01 New Member

[​IMG]

6. Hero999

Hero999 Banned

7. audioguru

audioguru Well-Known Member Most Helpful Member

Good.
    I haven't sent a PM to Mixos about it for a few years. I am glad that Hero and a few others convinced Mixos that MP was a very poor unfair moderator.

I think HotWaterWizard is the only moderator still there.

8. Hero999

Hero999 Banned

Now all Electronics Lab needs is: some decent moderators to replace the ones that have left, a set of rules for moderators, procedure for removing bad moderators and the broken projects fixed.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  9. blueroomelectronics

blueroomelectronics Well-Known Member

Do you fellas also visit edaboard?

10. audioguru

audioguru Well-Known Member Most Helpful Member

I post at six electronics chat forums. EDAboard is one of them.
    Many questions from NOOBs are also posted on many forums.

11. Hero999

Hero999 Banned