Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronics-Lab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I was a moderator at Electronics-Lab. I couldn't moderate because somebody else was pulling all the strings.
Ante was a moderator for a long time and his posts were deleted when he commented that I was correct and the horrible moderator was wrong. He quit.
A few other moderators also quit.
Staigen also quit. He is a power supplies expert.

I fixed a few projects by posting corrected projects.
I won't correct the inverter from Aaron Cake's site that blows up its backward capacitors and its power transistors don't have enough base current and have avalanche breakdown all the time.

Hero999 said:
mvs sarma,
We would do that but the horrible moderator on the other forum doesn't believe in free speech so this is the only place we can [xxxcensoredxxx] without being censored.

blueroomelectronics,
Perhaps we should refer all those annoying plz gv me prjt plz posters to Electronics Lab?:D
Speak of the devil, there's one plz just posted in ****-Chat.

Want to know what really gets me going...

Peep "Question I need to build an xyz"

Reply "here you go, all you need" (posts a complete working project)

Peep "I can't get those parts here" or "I only have a banana and an innertube"

Reply "where are you located" or "I won't work with those parts"

Peep Ignoring any previous posts "What if I use the innertube with two bananas"

Reply "You could try this but you still need xyz, if you fill out your location we can tell you where you might find a source"

Twit (an idiot poster that just posts in any thread, completely off topic) "Can you tell me why we have Easter bunnies" :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Peep "plz hurry I have to have this done soon"

Reply "You still need at least parts xyz or it simply won't work"

Three weeks later...

Peep "Question I need to build an xyz plz hurry urgent"

OR

Lazy Stupid Toadie "Please give me a complete project, correct in every way, leather binding would be nice. Deliver it to this address. Hurry it's for my final EEng degree"
PS never expect any INPUT, HELP or ADVICE in any way from a Lazy Stupid Toadie.

Last edited:
"Sometimes" we like to help noobie Peeps. Not all the time.
We are always irritated by ignorant Twits who hyjack a thread.
We are overloaded by all the Lazy Stupid Toadies who want a complete working project rushed for their final degree project.

This stuff happens on all the electronics chat forums.

i am agree with you because when i study in university my classmate for final projects want of me for making their project completely and i only do guide and told that you should make your final project and search about it (specially girls)

It’s nice to see old friends that have found a better place to chat about electronics!
Yes I am (was) a moderator on that site too and I have never settled a disagreement by deleting posts or threads. I have had more than 500 posts deleted and I don’t see any point in trying to stop “Edward Smith” (Mixos) from running “Titanic” (E-Lab) right into the iceberg (mountain of adverts)! Haven’t been there for a very long time, perhaps at some point I will take a peek to see what’s going on. I admire Audioguru who despite all the crap and abuse persisted to try to put things right and help everyone. I believe I was put off by all the disagreements and the ignorant site owner whom never answered PM or mail, just littering the site with adverts.

Hi Ante,
It's nice to see you on these forums again and I hope you post a bit more often.

I was thinking about pming Mixos with a link to this thread but it probably won't make any difference.

They recently added a blog page with new projects every day and most used a microcontroller.

Not to mention the links ending in the boonies!

I voted.
The horrible moderator is hardly there anymore. Recently he said that he goes away on business for 10 days at a time.

There was a noobie 8 years old kid who recently became a moderator there (Wise Old Man) but he hasn't been there for a while. He PM'd me a few hundred times when he joined.

MStechca is at Allaboutcircuits with his super-regen radio that still doesn't work and his very simple audio amplifier that has horrible distortion.

Walters is on 3 websites now with millions of the same questions. Google doesn't list him yet.

I can't see this working but it's fun and is another stick to beat him with when he starts bullying people.

Even, if he deletes the thread, I'm going to save a backup so I can remind him by posting it in an attachment whenever he starts being a bully. :D

I can just imagine the conversation.

Me said:
That circuit, isn't very well designed, it needs a more powerful transistor and a higher slew rate op-amp.

Moderator said:
Stop bulling people, no one asked for your oppinion.

Me said:
This is constructive critism and most of the people here are in favour of it. There's no point in having a policy that most of the members dissagree with. To remind you of this I've attached a copy of the poll.

I think it's funny how he's keeping quiet and not posting in the poll. He doesn't appear to have voted either, unless he voted yes of course, which isn't very likely.

I voted, not that it will help. Every so often I go read through some threads on that board but it's just utterly pointless. "There is no such thing as constructive criticism of people you don't know"? Where does MP get this stuff?

Torben

I suspect that he's had a bad childhood experiance. Perhaps some bullies destructively criticised something he did and is now so paranoid that he sees any critism as bullying regardless of whether it be constructive or not.

We should pitty him, not flame him. :D

Hero999 said:
I suspect that he's had a bad childhood experiance. Perhaps some bullies destructively criticised something he did and is now so paranoid that he sees any critism as bullying regardless of whether it be constructive or not.

We should pitty him, not flame him. :D

Well, I suspect his entire childhood was a desaster. :D

Hans

Is there anybody having experience of industria electronics? I want to discuss something about induction heating

nmarain said:
Is there anybody having experience of industria electronics? I want to discuss something about induction heating
Ha ha! Bill, there is your twit type. :D

The reasons I quit trying to produce culture in can't can't canada, is that many, if not most, of those involved are just like that moderator, so the critiques are ALWAYS behind someone's back, and are ALWAYS derogatory, and have NOTHING to do with moving the work, or the discipline forward. Instead, they have EVERYTHING to do with insecurity, and are about prideful and huge egos.

I thought about joining, just to support the cause, but with 5 out of 8 voting that criticism will 'hurt feelings,' rather than help, makes that cause somewhat futile.

It is tough to live in a culture which is SO far into decay!

BeeBop said:
Ha ha! Bill, there is your twit type. :D

The reasons I quit trying to produce culture in can't can't canada, is that many, if not most, of those involved are just like that moderator, so the critiques are ALWAYS behind someone's back, and are ALWAYS derogatory, and have NOTHING to do with moving the work, or the discipline forward. Instead, they have EVERYTHING to do with insecurity, and are about prideful and huge egos.

I thought about joining, just to support the cause, but with 5 out of 8 voting that criticism will 'hurt feelings,' rather than help, makes that cause somewhat futile.

It is tough to live in a culture which is SO far into decay!

Wow--your experience and mine have been very different. What sort of culture are you talking about here?

Torben

Torben said:
Wow--your experience and mine have been very different. What sort of culture are you talking about here?

Torben
Torben, I'm glad your experience is very different. I would like to hear more about this!
I'm talking visual art, and if I seem quite bitter, I apologize. If I become a twit, by straying off topic, I again, apologize!
snipp- off topic...
I could go on, but I digress.

I did join the other forum, and vote, and express my 2 cents worth, but as a first post, don't think it carries much weight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back