Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electronic enthusiasts out there!!! internal circuirtry of 74LS189-64-bit RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

earlbesario

hello to all electronic enthusiasts out there!!!

im looking for the internal circuitry and pin configuration of a very rare IC, the 74LS189.....to be used in our project. can somebody please help me look for it...im quite desperate coz the deadline of the project is 2 weeks away.
i cant find it even in the internet...

thanks

In my 40 plus years in the business I don't think I've ever seen that despite using the part on numerous occasions.

Here is what I imagine.
#1 -- 64 D-type flip-flops
#2 -- A 64 Input to one output multiplexer for the output
#3 -- A one Input to 64 output decoder
#4 -- A clock/enable circuit that clocks either the present output or the present input into each flip-flop.

It's neither elegant, nor efficient but it does perform the function

Last edited:
If you're after some memory pull some cache chips from an old 486. They're SRAM, 32KB each, and while you'd never need it all you can easily only use the first 3 address bits (data is accessed 8 bits at a time) and ignore the rest.

It's not clear from the original post that the goal is to use a 74LS189 in a circuit. I think it's more likely that he is struggling with a VLSI design class and he needs a clue for implementing a RAM.

Notice once again that the original poster seldom returns.
Notice also that the identical post has occurred on multiple forums.

74ls189

Hi Earlbesario,

Here are the connections of the 74LS189 and the truth table.

on1aag.

Attachments

• 74LS189.gif
    74LS189.gif
    81.1 KB · Views: 3,383
somebody help me!!!!!we are having trouble in our class about the 74ls189 ic..we are required to make the INTERNAL CIRCUITRY of it..could anyone help me???pllllzzzz..i nid it ASAP..

Last edited:
Of course you need it ASAP. But you're likely to never get a response with large bold messages.

NO !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back