Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic circuit that send sms---help please, I am new on forum---

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Uno with a will do, though you can get them for half the price with the smd chip.
**broken link removed**

Th 800L is fairly recent and seems to be taking over from the 900 module on ebay.
Have seen a few such projects on the Ardunio forum using the 800L module, seems it very similar in respect of the AT commands.

However you might find using a full shield the easier option if you are not familiar with all the detail of those reduced board.
A shield is more expensive, though only needs a decent 5v 2a power supply to complete.
**broken link removed**

So can I buy this

**broken link removed**

And this

**broken link removed**

And it will work ?

I hope you have seen picture that I have posted earlier (shematic of what I need)

Those boards will work together, BUT you need some wiring /soldering to get them hooked up properly.
Also the Sim800L board needs a separate 5v power supply , as unlike the Arduino board it needs more power than the USB line can supply.

As already suggested a Sim900 shield would make construction easier.

No mention from you about programming , learning C++ and the AT commands; not the easiest task for a beginner.

Think you should address the points / good advice Cowboy mentions in his post #11.

Thanks for the advice but I would really like to learn about arduino...

so I will buy this **broken link removed** with arduino uno and try to connect it , if you have some advice or schematic how to connect it I would like that. :)

Yes, thats the type of shield I started with.

All the previous posts have offered some good links /tutorials. particularly the Tronixstuff link CowboyBob mentions; that should get you going with the code and boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back