Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electronic apex locator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evaldas

Hello,
I am looking for electronic circuit diagram of electronic apex locator(eal).EAL is used in dentistry to measure the distance between root apex (top)and endodontic needle(file).It helps to treat tooth good enough without X-rays.Bioelectric impedance based EAL is better one.I would be very thankful if someone could help me.

Evaldas.

Building one will be costlier than buying one from the market (My personal experience).

Kinjal

kinjalgp said:
Building one will be costlier than buying one from the market (My personal experience).

Kinjal

Dear Kinjal,

I suppose You tried to make EAL yourself,and you know how to do it.I do not think it is very simple to make it,because some EALs needs programable microprocessors,programe,special equipments to input program to programable microprocessor.My good friend has that equipment.To make pathes for conjection radio parts is not a problem aqnd it is not expensive.I have special program on competer,which makes pathes from circuit.My problem is to get EAL circuit and program to microprocessor.Of cource ,later i can meet more problems.I have some friend ,who are good at electronics and i think we together will make it.I only can not to get EAL circuit.I understood that you have it.Maybe i could help You in something else,but i would like to ask you to show me that circuit ,which you used trying to make EAL Yourself.I would be very thankful for You if you could sent me by e-mail:(barsukine@centras.lt).

Yours sincerely Evaldas.

kinjalgp said:

Kinjal

Dear Kinjal,

I suppose You tried to make EAL yourself,and you know how to do it.I do not think it is very simple to make it,because some EALs needs programable microprocessors,programe,special equipments to input program to programable microprocessor.My good friend has that equipment.To make pathes for conjection radio parts is not a problem aqnd it is not expensive.I have special program on competer,which makes pathes from circuit.My problem is to get EAL circuit and program to microprocessor.Of cource ,later i can meet more problems.I have some friend ,who are good at electronics and i think we together will make it.I only can not to get EAL circuit.I understood that you have it.Maybe i could help You in something else,but i would like to ask you to show me that circuit ,which you used trying to make EAL Yourself.I would be very thankful for You if you could sent me by e-mail:(barsukine@centras.lt).

Yours sincerely Evaldas.

Hi,
I think you misunderstood my post. I meant to say that building most of the commercially available equipments at home are costlier than those sold in the market. The reason behind is that the manufacturers buy components in bulk which are much cheaper than the retail ones. Same is the case with all things included in the project. I have seen this in audio amplifiers and many other best selling items.
I am sorry, I have'nt tried EAL myself.

Kinjal

Dear friends,

I know this topic is for 10 years ago,
but one of my friends wants to design such a apex locator for his final college project
and he doesn't find any thing useful.
Can anyone give a schematic reference please?

Thanks in Advance

OK

In our researches, we found that commercial products use a constant 11uA (micro Ampere) current source to measure the potential voltage between file clip and lip clip.
Now can anybody suggest a circuit to make such a small precision highly stable constant current?

Any idea is appreciated.

Last edited:
OK

In our researches, we found that commercial products use a constant 11uA (micro Ampere) current source to measure the potential voltage between file clip and lip clip.
Now can anybody suggest a circuit to make such a small highly constant current?

Any idea is appreciated.

hi,
This option is simple and reliable.

Use a 1% HS metal film resistor for the 220K. It maybe necessary to select the 220k best value for 11uA

Attachments

• AAesp01.gif
    AAesp01.gif
    30.1 KB · Views: 240
Thank you dear ericgibbs, we'll test it.

And any experience or idea about reading bio voltages from body?
I mean impedance matching, instrumentation amplifier feedback with left/right leg, and mor ...

mercy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back