Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electro-tech map!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its just so if someone makes an screenshot and puts in on some forums google gets some credit.

heathtech said:
I'm in there (down in Hurricane Katrina land).
i am very sorry about the devastation caused by the hurricane. It caused heavy rain up here in Canada when it went by.
Of course up here in Canada we don't build cities below sea level, and don't live in trailers and cardboard boxes. The only people here with low incomes like people in 3rd world countries are the people from 3rd world countries and from the southern USA. :wink:

audioguru said:
heathtech said:
I'm in there (down in Hurricane Katrina land).
i am very sorry about the devastation caused by the hurricane. It caused heavy rain up here in Canada when it went by.
Of course up here in Canada we don't build cities below sea level, and don't live in trailers and cardboard boxes. The only people here with low incomes like people in 3rd world countries are the people from 3rd world countries and from the southern USA. :wink:

Audioguru, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading many of your posts and can say I have learned a lot from you, but I must say this is one of the most ignorant and insultive posts I have ever read. i don't know if it was your intention to sound that way, but I have been to Canaada, and have certainly seen trailors and rickety shanty-type houses in urban areas. I do believe Canada has a lower class like every other industrialized nation. Actually, I'm not insulted by the comment being directed at America, as much as the jab at the South. I am by no means a rebel flag waving redneck, but to compare the Southern USA to a third world nation is a little over-the -top.
Look, I apologize if you where only making light-hearted jokes, I usuually have thick skin, and can tease right along with the best of them. Maybe it is our dire straights that has me ruffled. New Orleans is such a historic city, rich with culture and tradition. It is also the most important port in our country, which is why it exists in the first place, sea-level or not. I dare say that Canada herself owes much to the history of the Mississippi River and its economical importance to this continent. Anyway, I'm probably being too arguementative and need to shut up.

heathtech said:
I have been to Canada, and have certainly seen trailors and rickety shanty-type houses in urban areas.
People from the southern USA?

Sorry again, but I keep seeing on TV those poor, poor people in New Orleans being compared to people in 3rd world countries. Most are living better than before after being rescued.
The TV says that since they don't vote nor pay taxes, your goverment was not in a hurry to rescue them. :cry:

No more politics. :roll:

Hi Joel,
I forgot.
There are lots of Quebec'ers living in trailers and rickety shanty-type houses. Quebec is still part of Canada, isn't it? Any southern Americans there? :lol: :lol:

Well golly gee wizz guys, thanks alot for ruining my great map thread with your politics! :cry:

edit...After second thought, I decided to delete my comments and PM them to Audioguru rather than let this go any further on this thread, I apologize for it happening in the first place.

Nah I was just kidding, its the **** chat forum so anything goes.

Isnt it weird how George Bush gets blamed for everything...He's just one man, he cant do everything...Now that I think about it, the tranny is slipping in my car, and I think thats his fault too.

He's not that bad of a guy, theres a few things that I disagree with...but he's a hell of a lot better than what we could have had...

Bush

Joel Rainville said:
You're right. In fact, I think most people feel he can't do anything...
I hear he's big on sports ?

Attachments

• bush_100.jpg
    bush_100.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 313
Are my eyes OK? I see 2 Bushes.
Isn't that Bourbon Street?
Aren't the people in the background looting a bank?
Where's the army, that's USA isn't it?
:lol: :lol:

Speaking about hurricane Katrina:

I've been having trouble for about 2 weeks linking to another electronics forum. Today the tech support guy at my ISP also had trouble. He gave me the address of the server's host and it also gave trouble.

I clicked on "about" for the host and they said their phone system was down and that they are in (what used to be) New Orleans!

[thought it'd be pretty neat to see where everyone was from.]

Great idea! Thanks for sharing this with us.

AllVol

audioguru said:
That is the best hyjack of https://maps.google.com that I have ever seen!
When I enter my address or my daughter's, the google map points to the house next door. :lol:
my gps units all have a problem like that...says house on left at top of street when im at the rithe in the middle of the street

im from eastern nj

ok i just tried the link and it says theres soe server error.......whats with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back