Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electric Cars vs.Gas Guzzlers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they Lithium Ion do you know?
They were Deep-Cycle Gel Cells (Marine Type) as far as I know,the chair is a Jazzy 1100..very reliable even if somewhat heavy 300 lbs!
The chair itself uses 2 batteries in series...with a range of 24 miles so it says in the literature..ive only taken it 12 at most,what with steady runs up inclines etc.

They were Deep-Cycle Gel Cells (Marine Type) as far as I know,the chair is a Jazzy 1100..very reliable even if somewhat heavy 300 lbs!
The chair itself uses 2 batteries in series...with a range of 24 miles so it says in the literature..ive only taken it 12 at most,what with steady runs up inclines etc.

What do you mean 1100? Oh, model number? Deep cycle marine batteries are what is recommended in back up power systems like dynamometers and synchronis power supplies. I did not know marine batteries were gel cells. I knew they could not deliver the high cranking amps required of a lead acid battery but knew they were more reliable with a steady current consumption. I always wondered what was the difference between marine batteries and regular lead acid. Maybe that is it.

I thought is was something to do the problem of jump starting another boat from a boat. You know how there is a heavy ground in the water and it can cause a battery to explode?

I thought is was something to do the problem of jump starting another boat from a boat. You know how there is a heavy ground in the water and it can cause a battery to explode?[/QUOTE
I never tried to jump start a boat,but I can imagine the dangers what with fumes going to the lowest point and explosions being a hazard...maybe thats why they have blowers on some yachts.
Doesn't water have resistance tho as far as grounding?

I thought is was something to do the problem of jump starting another boat from a boat. You know how there is a heavy ground in the water and it can cause a battery to explode?[/QUOTE
I never tried to jump start a boat,but I can imagine the dangers what with fumes going to the lowest point and explosions being a hazard...maybe thats why they have blowers on some yachts.
Doesn't water have resistance tho as far as grounding?

I don't remember what the deal is, but your supposed to take your battery out and put it inside the other guys boat to jump start it. Your not supposed to use cables from one boat to the other. I can't remember the whole story, I just remember freaking out when I heard it. It was a new one one me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back