Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ECG circuit explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill David

Hi guys,

i have been trying to build an ECG circuit that detects the minute electrical impulses of the human heart and then do further analysis on the signal.

I found the circuit and it is working properly .

I am just having some difficulties in understanding the electronic principle of it and how does it work ..

can you guys help me with this ?

any help would be appreciated :)
View attachment 68222

Ah, you need the schematic. I doubt anyone will try to reverse engineer from the PCB and the information you provide. We don't even know what chips are being used. That can make a difference. ;)

John

Ah, you need the schematic. I doubt anyone will try to reverse engineer from the PCB and the information you provide. We don't even know what chips are being used. That can make a difference. ;)

The chips being used are: U2 LM386, U1 Quad OpAmp (likely to be LM324 or TL074/084). Virtual ground created by R3/R4 used to bias the AC coupled probe inputs. It's a very simple circuit and anyone with a little spare time could trace it out.

The service manual on the web from Ramsey has a parts list and says what each one of the the parts does.
But they deleted the schematic.

Last edited:
Moderator, please merge his two threads about exactly the same thing.
Maybe he didn't read the replies to his other thread.

thank you guys for the very fast reply

yes one of the chips is LM324 quad op amp and the other is an audio amplifier LM386. i dont need anyone to transform this PCB into a circuit coz i already did.
I just need soemone to explain me every single connection for the LM324 .

1 - why did they join the inverting input with the output many times ( see pins 1 ,2 ) pins (13 and 14 ) and pins (6 and 7 )

that's all guys

thank you :)

Hello,,
i wanna make ECG 3 chanel for my modul,,
need referensi about it
You have only one heart so why do you need 3 channels?

The datasheet for an instrumentation amplifier IC (AD620A or many others) shows the circuit.

Attachments

• ECG-3.PNG
    ECG-3.PNG
    22.8 KB · Views: 7,122
You have only one heart so why do you need 3 channels?

The datasheet for an instrumentation amplifier IC (AD620A or many others) shows the circuit.

Hospital cardio units use a 12 Lead system which uses 6 probes placed in exact locations... with this system, they can tell if your heart is in vfib or afib (and another I can't think of immediately)... different rythyms from different types of heart attacks (mycardio infarction), and very different recovery/treatment techniques. I used to help train my wife when she did her Advanced Life Support requalifications.

Dear Sir,

I am a young electronics engineer, I am trying to control an Analog device ECG evaluation board( ADAS1000/ADAS1000-1) by Arduino uno. Is it possible to use Arduino Uno instead of EVAL-SDP-CB1Z?

What factors do you think should be consider for interface ADAS1000/ADAS1000-1 instead of EVAL-SDP-CB1Z?

I am talking about Bit numbers, frequency, ADC/DAC facilities,registers, SDRAM memory,internal RAM memory, data transfer rate etc.
Kindly consider the Arduino Uno main MCU datasheet and schematic diagram in attachment.
Hope you will response soon.

Attachments

• Arduino_Uno_Rev3-schematic.pdf
    81.4 KB · Views: 328
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back