Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle help

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXAxHillbillyXx

I have made a schematic for a surface mount binary counter and when I send it to the board view I cannot make it lay out on one layer it keeps doing two.. I will be etching the board myself and do not want to drill any holes. so I am wondering if anyone of you would be willing to give it a try. I had to put the schematic file in a .zip file so I could upload it... ANY help would be greatly appreciated!!! :) thanks

Attachments

• binary counter2.zip
    46.9 KB · Views: 307
Hi,

Your IC6 has unconnected pin 4 and 5
LSP2 and LSP3 are also unconnected
I am not knowledgeable enough to tell you if the rest is ok but I can help you with the PCB

Mike

Yeah I do not need the pins that are left unconnected on IC6 and the LSP2 and 3 connections are just solder points for strength not an actual electical connection the LSP1-4 connections will be a usb cable and I do not need the data connections just the power and ground. thatnk you for helping with this the only thing that has to be done is LED1 has to be on the far left (it is the LSB) and LED10 has to be on the far right (it is the MSB) everything else can be were ever you decide it needs to go. and board size is not a concern I am not going for the smallest thing ever (and just to clairify the led order needs to be LED10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1)
THANKS A LOT,
Nick

I have made a schematic for a surface mount binary counter and when I send it to the board view I cannot make it lay out on one layer it keeps doing two.. I will be etching the board myself and do not want to drill any holes. so I am wondering if anyone of you would be willing to give it a try. I had to put the schematic file in a .zip file so I could upload it... ANY help would be greatly appreciated!!! :) thanks

It sounds like you are using the auto-router. The way to do it is route it yourself, and do it all on one layer. I can't open your schematic as I only have 4.16.

I guess this will be an ongoing project for you, I was able to do this board but you will need to drill 6 holes and solder three jumper wires.
Also if you are going to make it yourself you should try and unroute the traces going between the SO pads and add more jumper wires.

View attachment binaryCounter2.zip

So maybe this is not a final solution for you but it is one step forward (I hope).

Mike

I guess this will be an ongoing project for you, I was able to do this board but you will need to drill 6 holes and solder three jumper wires.
Also if you are going to make it yourself you should try and unroute the traces going between the SO pads and add more jumper wires.

View attachment 44529

So maybe this is not a final solution for you but it is one step forward (I hope).

Mike

6 holes I can deal with I sent you a pm with my email addy because for some reason the file is not downloading correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back