Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DVD burner lazer driver board

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrn

I was just wondering, since a dvd burner drive comes with a built in driver board, could I just use that board for the driver for the lazer when I salvage the lazer out of the drive?

Im using a old laptop drive that has a cd read/write and a dvd read/write.

Providing you know all the input signal requirements and pin-outs it should be possible IMO.

Yes, you obviously need to know what voltages/currents the driver board is expecting.

Is there any safe bet
Well personally I wouldn't bet on it :D. I'd try researching (googling) for any part/IC identification data then check any relevant datasheets.

Thanks Teufelwolf, however I was wondering if you could just hook up a power supply of some sort to the correct pins on the existing driver board inside of the dvd drive?

Thanks Teufelwolf, however I was wondering if you could just hook up a power supply of some sort to the correct pins on the existing driver board inside of the dvd drive?

Many of the users on there build lasers from savaged DVD Laser sleds, so they are more likely to have direct experience with how to repurpose them. There are also some safety issues that I am not really on top of, but I believe that DVD diode can put out potentially damaging IR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back