Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
Resource icon

Dual-mode microphone pre-amplifier 2011-12-17

Status
Not open for further replies.

alec_t

Most Helpful Member
alec_t submitted a new article:

Dual-Mode Microphone Pre-Amplifier - This is a microphone pre-amp which I designed for use with a SoundBlaster(TM) AWE 64 Value sound c

This is a microphone pre-amp which I designed for use with a SoundBlaster(TM) AWE 64 Value sound card; but it should be suitable for any compatible card or PC audio input which provides a 5 Volt supply (via a 2k2, or thereabouts, built-in current-limiting resistor) at the ring contact of a stereo jack plug inserted into the "Mic In" socket of the card/PC. (N.b. it has only been tested with the AWE 64 card.)

The circuit has the following features :-
(1) It will automatically...

Read more about this article...

On the schematic, the slider of VR1 is not connected so it is a fixed resistor, not a potentiometer.
Audioguru

You're quite right AG. Wrist duly slapped. It's only used as a pre-set resistor, not a true pot. I'll correct the schematic pro tem, but I'm working on a revised version of the amp and will post that in due course (don't hold your breath!)

Alec

On the schematic, the slider of VR1 is not connected so it is a fixed resistor, not a potentiometer.
Audioguru
Now connected!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back