Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DSO - Digital Storage Oscilloscope

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually read that those Hantek scopes are very poor quality, built with cheap plastic. That's why I ended up buying a Rigol DS1052E instead.

Hey buddy! I havent read anything bad yet. I doubt ill have issues as im no analog pro amd this wont touch voltages that are high. Plastic shouldnt be your deciding the factor.

it has tons of features! The 1M (single/512K dual) samples are nice and fft looks fun!

ill be sure to test and post a review on my blog but I cant compare as its my only scope.

im sure for 350 its got to be good :) if not ill sell it and buy another but I guess its all about if it works for what I need :)

thanks for that info tho :)

whats new with you and Nigel? Any cool projects or work?

Hey buddy! I havent read anything bad yet. I doubt ill have issues as im no analog pro amd this wont touch voltages that are high. Plastic shouldnt be your deciding the factor.

Well there were a few things--cheap plastic, inaccurate cutouts around the BNC and USB connectors, and so on, at least according to the review I read. Maybe the writer of that one was just unlucky. I'd be very eager to hear what you think, since I was looking at buying that scope for a while.

I look forward to reading your review!
Regards,
Matt

Ah I see what you mean. Thanks Matt. Ill be sure to visually inspect and take loads of pictures.

As a side not how does that rigol perform? I was actually going to buy it but that long wait for a real one brand new blew me off.

If it helps at all I have a Rigol DS1102E (100MHz version) and love it. Feels solid, has a deep memory, easy to use...pretty much everything you could want in a budget oscilloscope. I remember reading that the only difference between the 50MHz and 100MHz Rigols is the firmware, and people were reflashing it to get the better performance. For the sake of my blood pressure I decided just to spring for the more expensive one and not risk bricking it :p

If it helps at all I have a Rigol DS1102E (100MHz version) and love it. Feels solid, has a deep memory, easy to use...pretty much everything you could want in a budget oscilloscope. I remember reading that the only difference between the 50MHz and 100MHz Rigols is the firmware, and people were reflashing it to get the better performance. For the sake of my blood pressure I decided just to spring for the more expensive one and not risk bricking it :p

:) i was also reading that :) Somewhere there is a 100mhz scope that can be flashed to 200mhz :) i wouldnt try it but thats cool! Thanks i hear nothing but good things about Rigol but with the TIME delay and PRICE ... it was a choice i had to make. Im sure this scope will be good. If not i bought from USA and ill return it with NO PROBLEM if defective :)

I love My Rigol DS1052E too - it has been working fine for me for 3 years without any issues. And yes, I decided to keep it at 50 MHz without flashing, fearing I may brick it :)

The Rigol works fairly well, though it does have its bugs. Its method for calculating frequency, period, etc isn't always very accurate at the higher frequencies, but for my purposes it generally works very well, and I'm happy with it.

I hope your Hantek is better than mine! I have a USB DSO-2250, 250MSps/60MHz, and on 1 out of 3 scale settings, the signal is mostly noise (like 1V noise on a 3-5V signal). The PC software is absolute garbage also.

Glad to hear it met your expectations! Perhaps the guy I read the review from just happened to get it from a bad batch.

One thing the Hantek definitely has over the Rigol is the screen size. Wow, what a difference!

Enjoy the scope!
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back