Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Doppler Shift Detection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cihan Tunca

Hi!
I'm working on a lidar system. I need your help to desing an important part of the system. It is the frequency shifting detection. I have to detect the Doppler shift to calculate the velocity of a moving target. At this point I couldn't find out a circuit to do this detection for me. I will be waiting for your advices to detect the Doppler shift and calculate the velocity of the target using different ways at the next a few weeks.
Thanks.

Last edited:
What is the approximate target velocity?
The AD8302 has a 2.7GHz bandwidth. Will that be sufficient for detecting Doppler shifts of optical frequencies (~hundreds of THz)?

I'm not trying to detect doppler shift at the optical frequencies. I'm going to modulate the light at aproximately 1 GHz such a sin wave or pulse train which has quite low duty cycle values,

I think, I don't need amp. I'm planing to use APD photo detector to collect the reflected light and it's output current is enough to process using an PIC, I think.

I'm not trying to detect doppler shift at the optical frequencies. I'm going to modulate the light at aproximately 1 GHz such a sin wave or pulse train which has quite low duty cycle values,

So, you propose to compare the frequency of the modulating signal with the shifted frequency of the demodulated signal? If so, a simple mixer followed by a low pass filter should work to provide the difference frequency; perhaps something like the AD8343 with an R-C lowpass filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back