Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Diy guitar ebow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, so if i undestand well the resonant frequency is the same of the tuning in a given note
I got it
I think i will try the ebow scheme only with a push switch to get the staccato effect
Another foolish idea will be a guitar with built-in ebows activated by proximity sensors like the theremin's :-D

ok, i got almost all i need to build the thing but the chip... the store had only the lm386n-1, the weaker one
the thing really need the -4 1w chip or the -1 0,33w will does his job well enough?
thanks!

Depending on your output coil, if this coil is close to the guitar strings then the weaker amplifier with a low supply voltage will work. But if this coil is far from the strings then the more powerful amplifier with a high supply voltage is needed. Try it with the weaker amplifier and a 9V alkaline battery.

thanks! i found at the store two buzzers, one 16 ohm and the other around 120 (according to the shop guy), is that the power from the chip is related to the coils ohms? or the chip output power affect only the driving signal's power?

Depending on its construction a buzzer may or may not provide a suitable coil for an ebow. The higher the coil resistance the less the current through it from the IC.

ok, i will try with what i have and see
a plea: should you be kind and take a look ad my little diagram and tell me if it's ok?
the upper images are from an youtube video, the lower diagram is mine and is narrower (15mm instead of 27mm), like the 9v battery side narrow face (i'm thinking at a flat, altoid-style box for the thing instead of the boxy ebow standard design)
i will use a predrilled board (don't know the english name, in italian is "millefori", thousand-holes
thanks!

Attachments

• Schermata 2015-09-25 a 23.03.03.png
    Schermata 2015-09-25 a 23.03.03.png
    317.5 KB · Views: 2,364
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back