Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DIY Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking at Instructables. Don't no why I didn't think about it before I have 10 90volt DC motors that would make a great wind mill genny. They have good magnets and ball bearing

Last edited:
I can finally crack the 2A barrier with my DIY Generator..
I hooked it up to an excercise bicycle..lol with a four to one chain drive..!!
If i can find another 2:1 sprocket set , will that be 6:1 or 8:1 final drive ?? 8:1 i think..
Anyway i am now the proud owner of a genny-ciser or exer-gen.. :lol:
Preliminary results are VERY nice.!!
I did a test with a FWB rectifier setup and with no trouble at all i was able to max out my meters 2A scale .. i just thought about the 10 A scale , wow cant wait to try it..
I also tested an 1156 brake light bulb and it was very brite.. :lol:

::edit::
For anyone reading this for the first time i've made a little table of values you could expect for the varibles given..
the coil diameter is 1 inch . the hole is just under 1/2 inch @ 0.480''
if you have any questions please let me know..

Code:
         RPM   OHMs/coil   turns/coil  V peak to peak (no load)  

17 AWG   833    0.1            60             3
21 AWG   833    0.4            150            8

note : this is for just one coil page 4 has my current 18 coil 24 magnet generator

if I don't have wirw same saiz what can I do?

Hello all, am new and of great passion for this alternative energy,,,problem is I am late to the game. Spent 27yrs from16 to 43 in the plumbing construction trade, and that ended in 97. soooo,,,, here I am, late to class and all! Who would have quessed that I would find a love of electronics. And if I had when I was still in school, I probibly would have graduated. Anyway I have a question and a suggestion , "if they work of course"
I see that some have gone too "Otherpower.com" and I have too,, haven't been able to finish a damm thing yet, but am optimistcally working at it! When I have I would like to try using a rotor "BRAKE" on my truck or car and insert neo's in the air finns already incorporated on most brake rotors,,,then I want to create a layered laminated sheetmetal core and give it a curve to match the dia of said rotor, and then,,,you guessed it wind it with the appropriate size copper mag wire the proper number of turns and rig up a monting system to thee already incorp't dust cover,,, then do this to the other three tires on the vehical,,put a battery bank of gellcells in the trunk. and for now use the stored energy when I get home in the evening via jumper cabels or the like to either a new 12V lighting system or thru a inverter to other lights tv ect. Not stove fridge or the other demanding appliances,,,who knows later I may pull the ole gas burner out of the vehical and find a powerful enough elect-motor and a idustrial variable centrifical driven Vbelt pully to drive the train with Grainger sells them for vibratory machines and the like they change ther ratio as the speed picks up,, MY question is,,,is this reality or just fiction driven?

Hi Milosman and welcome to the forum and reality.... By putting a axial flux genny in each wheel and hoping to get power out how much more work will the trucks motor need to do and how much more fuel are you going to burn just to extract a bit of power. Besides getting any scheme like that certified legal for road use would be hard if not impossible. The easy way to do what you are considering would be just sit an extra alternator off your engine and charge the batteries that way. Eitherway it will cost extra fuel anyway you go. Just remember theres no such thing as a free lunch

Cheers Bryan

Hurricane Category 5 Wind Generator Wind Turbine PMA

The low Rpm characteristics on the new hurricane pma look to me like they kick the crap out of the other stuff I have been looking at
>

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back