Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DIY audio scope - cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

flat5

DIY Digital Oscilloscope Kit Electronic Learning Kit

Features:

Kits using ARM Cortex-M3 processor (STM32F103C8), and includes a 2.4-inch color TFT display can be used as ARM test development board.
Available source, Capable people can be secondary development on the basis of the suite, for example, it can be changed to Millivoltmeter, data loggers, and so on (we don't supply any technical support about that).
Circuit is simple and the kit is inexpensive

Description:

PCB size: 117 x 76mm
Screen size: 52 x 40mm
Supply voltage: DC 9V

Characteristics of indicators:

Maximum real-time sampling rate: 1Msps
Accuracy: 12Bit
Sampling buffer depth: 1024 bytes
Analog bandwidth: 0 - 200KHz
Vertical Sensitivity: 10mV / Div - 5V / Div (1-2-5 progressive manner)
Adjustable vertical displacement, and with instructions
Input impedance: 1MΩ
Maximum input voltage: 50Vpp (1: 1 probe), 400Vpp (10: 1 probe)
Coupling modes: DC / AC / GND
The horizontal time base range: 10μs / Div - 50s / Div (1-2-5 progressive manner)
With automatic, regular and one-shot mode, easy to capture the moment waveform
Available rising or falling edge trigger
Adjustable trigger level position, and with instructions
Observable previous trigger waveform (negative delay)
Can freeze at any time waveform display (HOLD function)
Comes 1Hz /3.3V square wave test signal source

https://www.banggood.com/DIY-Digital-Oscilloscope-Kit-Electronic-Learning-Kit-p-969762.html

I bought one.
(to be continued)

Must admit, I've been considering ordering one (as they are so cheap :D) - but having just got a Rigol DS1052E I can't really justify it (cheap or not).

It's something to build. Something to do. 20 Euros. But using 'points' it's 17 Euros.
Last month I bought a piccolo for 51 Euros using points.
Maybe I have a problem :)

Nigel, is the fan bothering you?

Must admit, I've been considering ordering one (as they are so cheap :D) - but having just got a Rigol DS1052E I can't really justify it (cheap or not).

Just got a Rigol DS1074z-S myself, but I've ordered a DIY scope for the fun of it. Nigel, did you "upgrade" your DS1052E to 100MHz etc...?

Also just got my M168 transistor tester, nice kit. Looking into updating its firmware using an Arduino UNO.

Just got a Rigol DS1074z-S myself, but I've ordered a DIY scope for the fun of it.

I've pondered long and hard, and 'just about' managed to talk myself out of it! :D

You're not helping here!!! :p

Nigel, did you "upgrade" your DS1052E to 100MHz etc...?

No, there seems little point, although the option is always there if I want to.

Also just got my M168 transistor tester, nice kit. Looking into updating its firmware using an Arduino UNO.

I've bought a couple of Uno's and Nano's to play with, basically because they were so cheap from Bangood, and to help with my latest push to try and learn C.

Funnily enough, while I was waiting for them to arrive I've been asked to develop a project (which so far has earned me the DS1052E), so I'm using that as incentive to learn XC8 on a PIC 16F1827. So beyond trying the Uno's to make sure they work (one didn't and has been replaced), I've not had much time to play with them. I did get an Ethernet shield, as it seems a simple way to access both ways over the Internet - but again, I've only had time to confirm it works.

Be careful, Nigel with the update. It worked on the scope a few years ago. Try to find out if it still is possible.
I looked into it and I came to the conclusion that my revision number (or something) did not match the list of know ones that work.

Be careful, Nigel with the update. It worked on the scope a few years ago. Try to find out if it still is possible.

Yes, I read that later ones might not work, which is one reason I haven't bothered - although the increase from 50-100MHz isn't of much importance to me anyway.

You may also get the math & decoders, or a brick. Dave on eevblog has instructions on his site.

I'm getting more comfortable with XC8 and can actually code in it. Many libraries aren't available for anything below an 18F though.

Today I was pulling my hair out trying to put updated firmware on that M168 Transistor tester same as yours. You apparently can use an Arduino uno as an ISP with avrdude but I'm dammed if I can figure out the fuse settings for a blank 328p. Mine came with 1.05, seems 1.17m is available. Arduino is nice to use, AVR not so much IMHO. Almost feels easier to port the code over to a PIC. :)

I think mine might be on a slow boat from China.

Had an email this morning, mine has been dispatched :D

However, packages from Bangood usually take from two to four weeks to arrive, presumably coming by boat?, but for free postage right around the world what can you expect?.

The trick is to keep a steady stream of orders going, so you get parcels arriving every few days or weeks :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back