Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Distorted audio out of Yamaha-cr-400

Status
Not open for further replies.

matticus

Hi, I am having problems with a yamaha cr-400. I am getting distorted audio out of all spk connections. The headphone jack sounds great. I have checked my dc offset and I adjusted it to 5mV. I have cleaned all the pots and switches with cleaner. any help on this would be great!! I can post pictures of anything you may want to see.

Here is the link for the service manual. https://www.dropbox.com/s/8l0vnv0303dyrnv/hfe_yamaha_cr-400_service.pdf?dl=0

Thanks for your time!

The service manual link does not load and does not open.
I found a review on the internet and it looks to be very old with an output of only 16W per channel into 8 ohms.

The headphone socket is just tapped off the speaker outputs, so if the headphones aren't distorted the speaker outputs can't be either.

Have you tried a different pair of speakers?.

As AG says, it's a low power antique though :D

Assuming the speakers are a similar age?, and if they have foam surrounds? - it's pretty well certain the foam has rotted away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back