Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Discrete Grid Tie Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

alyeomans

Hi All

DO NOT TRY AT HOME

I have been pondering the idea of Grid Tie Inverts using discrete components but do not have the experience to correctly design it. I tried to get some comments from another forum but the thread was closed after a day citing it would void my insurance and is dangerous - sure, thats fine.

Any way I came up with the following circuit which I initially thought should be a constant voltage, I have not done my maths but would that be required even if it was hooked up in parallel?

**broken link removed**

The 3 phase AC is converted to DC

The DC is chopped and put through a step up transformer. The chopper also regulates the voltage from the output to maintain a constant voltage?

The transformer output is rectified back to DC

The DC is then converted to mains synchronized AC and injected into the grid. This part I found at on Grid tie Inverter but I don't think it would work as it would produce a more square wave.

I would prefer to use power fets rather than triacs as well.

Also working with mains AC is dangerous do not attempt to build this if you do not know what you are doing!

What are your thoughts folks?

Al

Nope. It wont work. The triac switching setup on the AC side is all wrong.

See my other GTI based threads in this section for more info as to how its done in the more correct and far safer manor. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back