Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Diode help

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBXTech

Hi all. I'm looking for this diode for replacement. I don't have the part number, so that's really what I'm looking for. But, what I do have is, the part marking and package type. It is a 5pin (SC-74A[SMD5]) switching diode, and it's marking is 'G30Y'
If anyone could help me out in locating this, or how to figure out what the p/n is that would be Great!! Thanks!!

There is no such thing as a 5 pin diode, maybe a diode array, if no one else has responded with more useful information within 48 hours I'd recommend posting a picture of the diode array in question the circuit it's in and supply any other information about the circuit that you can.

From what I found on the internet, there is such a thing as a 5pin diode. There is another version of the part on some of the boards, and I was able to find it's part number. LP2981IM5X-3.3. The device no. is L04B and it's an SOT-23-5 (or SC-74A) package. But, I can't find this G30Y version anywhere.
I'm not sure how to get a pic of it on here, but if I figure it out, I'll post a picture. Otherwise, you can just put in that other part number to see what the package looks like at least..?
I'll work on getting the pic though. And, it is for a M3904 phone.

PBXTech said:
From what I found on the internet, there is such a thing as a 5pin diode. There is another version of the part on some of the boards, and I was able to find it's part number. LP2981IM5X-3.3.

That sounds more like a 3.3V regulator IC?.

That could be? Diodes are under the 'semiconductor' section so it's possible it is a 'regulating ic' But, from what I saw, it is a 'switching diode' or could be called a 'rectifying diode.' Either way, Im still lost... lol.
Any ideas on how to determine the part number, from the part marking G30Y?

Well, I had to try. I searched for two days trying to decipher this part number, but alas, nothing. Maybe if I search under 'regulating IC' it will come up with something more...? It's worth a shot.
Thanks for the info! :)

PBXTech said:
Well, I had to try. I searched for two days trying to decipher this part number, but alas, nothing. Maybe if I search under 'regulating IC' it will come up with something more...? It's worth a shot.
Thanks for the info! :)

The silly numbers on SM components don't seem to bear any resemblance to the actual parts themselves - presumably there must be a lookup table somewhere?, but I've never heard of one.

Oh I know, each manufacturer should have a list of their part markings and part numbers I think! lol.
I have found a couple good ones though, Philips (NXP) has a master selection guide thing that's pretty good. And there is this TBK4U website that has most of the diodes/caps/ and resistors that are like Z1, A7, and such. Then, from that one there is a few links w/smd p/n's, but of course, none seem to have the one's you're looking for!

PBXTech said:
That's what I was thinking too, but, it doesn't... :( of course

My solution to the problem, when I come across it, is simple - I just order the part as a spare from the manufacturer of the unit! - if that isn't an option I wouldn't get involved :D

That would probably be the way to go, but, I don't know the manufacturer or the part number. But I do need them to fix quite a few of these 3900 phones, so I don't think I can just forget about it :(

PBXTech said:
That would probably be the way to go, but, I don't know the manufacturer or the part number. But I do need them to fix quite a few of these 3900 phones, so I don't think I can just forget about it :(

Why don't you know the manufacturer of the phone?.

Oh, of the phone? Yes, I know it, it's Nortel. And, to just talk with them on the phone about something, the min price is $400.00 per hour, and you are charged for the whole time no matter what. And, to do anything else you need to sign up for an associate, which probably also costs a pretty penny. So, I think contacting them may be out of the question as well. Don't have that kind of money to spend lol.

Well sorry, but it does Look like more of a diode than an IC chip. And, like I said, online under 'diode package styles' it said these were 'switching diodes' so therefore, I thought it was a diode. Just because I didn't know it wasn't a 'diode' doesn't mean I can't fix things. I've fixed Countless numbers of phones and data equipment. All w/out knowing diodes don't have 5 pins. You didn't have to be rude and say that. You know nothing about me or what I do.

Take a couple of working phones, one with G30Y and the other with LP2981IM5X-3.3. Confirm that the voltages at the part are the same, and that the surrounding circuit is similar enough. Order some and see if they fix defective phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back