Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ding Dong IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fahime

I'm looking for a high quality sound Ding dong IC for door bell. DO you know some? I have BT8031-2s but I don't like the voice. :eek:

Try the Craft section at Walmart they have lots of different sound modules for dolls and stuff.

If you ever want us to respond to your requests again you should be able to justify your response that those circuits were not helpful. In the process it will help you refine your requirements, which are vague to say the least. The lack of suitability of the responses is directly related to your vague requirements. How can we help you if you won't even help yourself.

ooops

Papabravo said:
If you ever want us to respond to your requests again you should be able to justify your response that those circuits were not helpful. In the process it will help you refine your requirements, which are vague to say the least. The lack of suitability of the responses is directly related to your vague requirements. How can we help you if you won't even help yourself.
The websites included Ding-dong kits and they were just for sale. There were no information about the IC, its name or datasheet. I need name or datasheet of some Ding dong ICs.
Electro tech is a really helpful website that is because of the members. I said thank to him that took his time for me. And I just told my idea about the websites to clarify that I'm looking for another thing. I also think that it was better to axplain the reason for it.

Fahime said:
...There were no information about the IC, its name or datasheet. I need name or datasheet of some Ding dong ICs....
Two of the circuits that I saw identified the IC's being used. The 555 is a very common part. The datasheets can be found by using any search engine and entering:

<Part Number> datasheet

It might help to get one of those kits to use as a platform for your own experiments. In addition to providing a working model you can change the components to adjust frequency and duty cycle to see if you understand the part. Nobody ever said you had to go straight to your final result in one step. Learn to crawl and walk before you try to run a marathon. That's just about the most helpful advice I can give you.

Fahime said:
I'm looking for a high quality sound Ding dong IC for door bell. DO you know some? I have BT8031-2s but I don't like the voice. :eek:

these ding dong ICs you are referring to have their oscillators externally connected, try experimenting changing capacitors and resistors in the oscillator circuit for pitch or tones

Ding Dong

Fahime said:

Same question for me also until now I Didn't find a good door bell (Sound Ding Dong)all are having musical door bells.The guest must use a long press to hear the music.....Its not practical.

I Searched in the web I didn't find so I built a door bell with coupling 2 NE 555 ic's.Its quit good but I'm not satisfy.....with it.....

Here is another bell using 8021-2 chip its a 8pin dip ROM Chip.Try this one...
I searched the data sheet for the above IC but I didn't find even the first 2 Letters.

**broken link removed**

Fahime said:
Fahime said:
thanks for your help but none of these websites are helpful.

Sounds like what you asked for to me. Who is the Ding Dong?

Press the button and hear the ding-dong style doorbell sound!
Low cost electronic alternative to the classic doorbell.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Ding dong IC.

Hi Fahime,

Ever heard of a SAE800 ? :eek:

https://www.alldatasheet.com/view.jsp?Searchword=SAE800

There's also an older version, the SAB600, but I couldn't find the
datasheet on the net and it's very unlikely that you can still find
it in a local candystore. It's an obsolete part, I surely must have
the datasheet . . . . . . somewhere in one of my 500+ databooks.
If necessary I'll start digging.

on1aag.

I know what Fahime wants. He wants a doorbell IC to make a sound like a doorbell, "Ding-Dong". He doen't want these cheap child's toys that make a sound like, "Beep-Boop".

It should make a sine-wave for a smooth sound but the cheap ones make a harsh square-wave.
It should gradually fade each tone but the cheap ones are just full blast on then off like the noisy electronic DING-DONG noise-makers at the entrance of RadioShack stores.

As Audiguru said, I need this IC for a doorbell. I like the voice to be somehow soft. I have the datasheers of both SAE800 and SAE600. Whereas I didn't find most ding dong ICs that I have their datasheets, I'd like to buy them from abroad, so I need to choose some from a broad range of choices. The thing is realy helpful to me is your experiences. Anybody may have worked with some of these ICs and know their voice. So can tell me that this IC would probably be sufficient for my project. I hope this post is clear.

I don't see why you need a special ding dong IC, when you could make your own.

You could record the sound on a sound IC and connect the 'play' pin to the push button switch on the door.

cost

Hero999 said:
You could record the sound on a sound IC and connect the 'play' pin to the push button switch on the door.
This kind of IC should be expensive. The cost is the main factor.

You're right it is expensive, the ISD1416 is £7.77 in Craplin, but there are cheaper places to buy componants and you don't need an IC with a 16 second record time so a cheaper IC will also suffice.
**broken link removed**

Have a look at RS, Farnell, Digikey etc.

good

vedo35 said:
we were using sab0600
[/url]
What do you think about the voice? Do u think that it is acceptable? I mean for a doorbell.
It would be really helpful for me to know your idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back