Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital Voltmeter!! on Breadboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check your bread board. The two outer rows on each side are really 4 disconnected rows on your board, I believe. The larger "white space" divides or breaks the continuity of the rows.

e.g. The green vertical wire on the left of the pic I referenced is NOT connected to the two short horizontal green and browns that are cut off in the pic near the top of the page.

Note: EDIT

No it needs to be negative 5 volts, thats what the 7660 chip is for.
You must fix this for it to work!!!
Yeah now its working but display showing me several random number. when i tried measure voltage about 3volts then it showed me 1 in left LED and Right LED turn off. Even in first LED is connected with IC about a, b, c, d ,e ,f ,g led. but working only b and c . sometimes g. bc connected with IC 19 number pin.

ok i am really confused which diagram should i follow ?

Attachments

• digital panel voltmeter circuit.png
    digital panel voltmeter circuit.png
    225.7 KB · Views: 254
  • Digital voltmeter circuit diagram.jpeg
    Digital voltmeter circuit diagram.jpeg
    52 KB · Views: 285
Then I suggest you follow the schematic for the one that calls for the 7107 :p

another question is how could i realize that my 7 segment display is common cathode or common anode ? Even in two display has no company or model name. maybe names are removed from display back side.

But you Told me Negative part is essential for this circuit ....

Hmm, you're right. When I said to use a -5v display I was repeating what someone else had said--I had not looked at the schematic yet. Looking at both of them, I do not see a -5v supply in either one....? I wonder why someone mentioned needing -5v?

another question is how could i realize that my 7 segment display is common cathode or common anode ? Even in two display has no company or model name. maybe names are removed from display back side.

You should have mentioned that when I asked what components you were using. That's why I was asking for an EXACT list of what you had. However, if your display is showing any numbers at all, then chances are you have the correct type (CA or CC). However, you MUST check your wiring connections. If you cannot find a part number for your 7-segment display, you will probably have to buy one that matches the one in the schematic, or at least one that has the same pinout (and the same type).

A 1 in the left most digit only is surely a sign of overload.

Voltage too big. ground loops or attenuator resistances wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back