1. Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
    Dismiss Notice

DIGITAL MODULATOR CIRCUIT

Discussion in 'Electronic Projects Design/Ideas/Reviews' started by TDE, Jan 17, 2003.

1. TDE

TDE New Member

I need a circuit that I can take an 8 bit digital data signal and modulate it
    onto a standard telephone line, and if possible a second circuit to demodulate the signal to recover the 8bit data, I would like these circuits
    to be easy to construct

2. kinjalgp

kinjalgp Active Member

For 8-bits or more you'll require a complete MODEM on both ends of the telephone line. No other smaller alternative.
    If you want only 10-12 numbers to be transmitted/received, you can use UM91214 DTMF generator and KT3170 DTMF decoder ICs.
    Remmber, hooking up anything to your telephone line without permission of telephone company is illegal.

3. bogdanfirst

bogdanfirst New Member

why dont you try to use a parallel to serial converter and then on the other end a serial to parallel converte?

4. dave

Dave New Member

5. kinjalgp

kinjalgp Active Member

Without modulation data can not be transmitted over telephone line. Even if you Serial to parallel and parallel to serial converters, MOD/DE-MOD will be required.