Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

'Diffusion Recombination Rectifier'

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshemyalnisar

what is 'Diffusion Recombination Rectifier'

i searched for rectifiers in PSPICE. but got components mostly with this description.

Do you think that this is a discrete part that would be placed on a printed circuit board, or is this a semiconductor fabrication kind of thing that would be used in the design of integrated circuits.

It might be a poor translation of intrinsic body diode which is a side effect of the MOSFET manufacturing process.

Some context for your question would be helpful.

diffusion recombination occurs when a 'p' and an 'n' junction come together. Diffusion across the boundary occurs since opposite charges attract. A depletion region is then formed which is the basis of a diode. If Si is used as the semiconductor, then the depletion barrier requires about 600mV to overcome. If its Ge, then about 200mV.

can anybody tell me where to look for PSPICE libraries for components?? because i wanted a 7805 IC but am unable to find it........ when searched for rectifiers got this diffusion thinggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back