Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Differecne between booster and amplifier..

Status
Not open for further replies.

buloi123

Please tell me what's the difference between a booster and an amplifier. Thank you in advance..

buloi123 said:
Please tell me what's the difference between a booster and an amplifier. Thank you in advance..

Nothing really, it's mostly just a similar name for the same thing. But while a booster could quite happily be called an amplifier, an amplifier can't always be called a booster (if that makes sense?).

A 'booster' usually refers to an aerial amplifier, so if a customer asks for a 'TV booster' or 'TV amplifier' I know exactly what he means.

But is someone asked for an 'audio booster', it's not a term that's used, it should be 'audio amplifier'.

Most of case the audio booster mean an amplifier with from speaker output driveable input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back