Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dhcp on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Utterly off-topic, but...

I once watched a guy attempting his first soldering effort (one hand holding the pencil iron, the other holding a component) when he realized he needed the hold the solder as well.

So, before grabbing the solder, and before I could stop him, to free up his hand he put the iron tip in his mouth.

Never saw him again.

I too had problems holding iron, wire, solder, flux and board at the same time, have tripod now and prolly not the best idea, but now i leave a blob of solder to heat on the side of the tip which eats out a cavity and allows for more solder then i can solder 4 leads before "refueling".
my new systems are the HYTRON CGN3 modem/router and a ASUS RT-N12 as the second system.
PC is on second system lan, and Laptop is CGN3 wifi,
also i have noticed that pings travel between both systems ok, maybe i will try opening all ports on ASUS. or would turning dmz on help?

i have configured ASUS to static ip on CGN3 side, and firewall off but as soon as nat on ASUS is shut off i loose all access through the WAN to LAN wire,ie normally i can access router1 form network2, and network2 internet goes down,.

Network/Host IPI also found in ASUS router the LAN>Routing tab, but this only has static rout option, but i think im in right place cos this is only one with options for HOSTIP, Netmask,Gateway,Metric,Interface , so what do i put here?

also on CGN3 i cannot find these settings, maybe there is another name besides "dynamic Route"? cos i hafta set this up on both sides rite?

At your request KV, I just seen your PM!
I was never able to get this going, I think my second router may have been able to support this, but

after investigation, I need a 3rd router in there to handle the first network ,
the CGN modem/gateway router can not do route tables, and since im on topic, the firmware is very bad, i am lucky if when I click "OK" it doesn't hang for 5 minutes then disregard the click...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back