Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Demodulating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all:
Is it reasonable to say that this method of transmitting data would require demodulating the 38Khz carrier if a copper link (over cat5) is desired?

The first example clearly says 38KHz is optional - so choose not to use it.

It would also be trivial to remove 38KHz in the ASM code if it wasn't optional.

"When enabled, the included modulator automatically generates the 38kHz IR carrier."
Don't enable it.

Well, I gotta ask a favor of one of u guys to disable the 38 Khz in the asm for me and share the hex.
It seems my toolchain...Proteus/Oshonsoft does not support that PIC series, I can't do it. I haven't used MPLAB in many years and it seems a lot to setup/relearn for such a small fix.
Thanks for any help!

EDIT:
On reading the code...it appears the instruction on the web page to set RA1 Hi to disable the modulation is wrong. It needs to be set low to disable the modulation.
Code:
bit10        btfss mtx_flags, FLAG_MOD
        goto bit10_nomod

Is my understanding correct?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back