Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Decoding Syma 107 RC signal (IR coaxial) with PIC18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triode

I'd like to make a PIC18F1320, or any PIC 18, receive the signal from a syma remote. Someone on an RC forum decoded the transmission method as this:

carrier frequency: 38.17kHz (26µs period)

(all timings in µs)
constant length, package-to-package 328000
header: 474 pulse, 314 space, 1669 pulse, 293 space
zero: 440 pulse, 300 space
one: 890 pulse, 300 space
end: 440 pulse, 303000 space
length of data: 28 bits, 4 groups à 7 bit
no checksum, rotational trim is transmitted as extra value, forward/backward trim buttons are transmitted as single bits

I am not familiar with this encoding type, so I'm not sure where to start. I can read pulse widths since I have learned to capture PWM signals, but I figure this may be a job for the USART module, or some other existing peripheral or method. I have gathered that it is probably IR coaxial encoding and that UART may be able to read it.

Last edited:
If you receive the signal with a standard IR receiver and feed the resulting signal to the capture/compare pin, you will be able to use the CCP module to get the timings (as you already know). The decoding can be done in an interrupt. I would attempt to detect the start pattern first and see if you get the right number per second. Then go on to detect the individual bits. If you have a junebug then you already have the required hardware. I have somewhere posted a thread about reading IR remotes on here but can't find it.

Have fun,

Mike.

Thanks, that's the approach I was thinking of. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a better way that I hadn't heard of. I'll post about how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back