Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dead 32" Philips TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
On those Sanyo sets I mentioned earlier, when the Philips CRT arced over it would quite often corrupt the EEPROM and knock out all of the Geometry settings. The picture would look awful after that! You'd then have to go back through all the settings with a tets card, and you had to do that once for every display mode that the television had (16:9, 4:3, full, zoom, title-in, etc)

Brian

Like Nigel said-overvoltage,overcurrent or protection circuit. The regulator immediately past the raw b+ voltage may be breaking down, especially if it is a pass regulator and overheating.

I work with Philips consumer products alot and the refurb plant where im employed. do you have the model number and the manufacture date for the TV. Alot of Philips TV's now will flash and error code. when there is a problem.Usually a single long flash means 10 a short flash 1 a short pause then it starts again. And the codes can mean something totally different if they are a different color. I know there was a service pack that had to be replaced on certain 32 flat screen TV. (Inductor,resistor, and a tansistor.)
(I hopes this helps u out, if u get model and manfacture i can sure i can find the problem). Or know someone who does (right now main projects im working on is 42 and 50 plasma, have experience in LCD,CRT,MP3,and HP printers if u have any question on these just ask.

ADELRESTA said:
Well i think this is a faulty horizontal output transistor since the power LED is indicating then power supply might be ok!
bhong2002 said:
i think it's horizontal power transistor are busted? due to the AC power sometimes have a fluctuation?..
Brilliant deductions there! The next time my lawnmower doesn't start, I'll automatically suspect the pull rope since my arm muscles sometimes has fluctuation?

Why bother with a dead thread, two months old, posted by someone who probably has not been back since?
Just my cynical (or is it realistic) nature.

JimB

In case this thread is still active...Philips flash codes are...

Error Code Table

0 = No error
1 = X-ray protection, E/W protection, and/or Vertical protection active
2 = High beam current protection active
3 = Reserved
4 = +5V protection active
5 = Signal Processor (IC 7150) register corrupted
6 = Signal Processor (IC 7150) error
7 = Total failure
8 = Internal RAM error (Microprocessor IC 7000)
10 = NV memory (IC7088) addressing error
11 = NV memory (IC7088) size error
12 = Histogram (YUV) (IC 7770) error
14 = Sound processor I²C error (TDA9855)
16 = Main Tuner I²C error (IC 1125)
17 = PIP Processor I²C error (IC 7350)
18 = PIP Tuner I²C error (IC 1127)

I hope this will be of help...

Phillips 27" t.v. dead!

jdbouncer said:
I work with Philips consumer products alot and the refurb plant where im employed. do you have the model number and the manufacture date for the TV. Alot of Philips TV's now will flash and error code. when there is a problem.Usually a single long flash means 10 a short flash 1 a short pause then it starts again. And the codes can mean something totally different if they are a different color. I know there was a service pack that had to be replaced on certain 32 flat screen TV. (Inductor,resistor, and a tansistor.)
(I hopes this helps u out, if u get model and manfacture i can sure i can find the problem). Or know someone who does (right now main projects im working on is 42 and 50 plasma, have experience in LCD,CRT,MP3,and HP printers if u have any question on these just ask.

Hi jdbouncer,
I was reading the above post and hope you can help.
I bought a Phillips 27" tv in Dec of 2004 from Visions Electronics in Canada, last night I was watching the t.v. and put the sleep timer on for 45 minutes. After 45 min it shut off as it normally does.
When my boyfriend came to bed 2 hours later and wanted to watch t.v the thing was totally dead!
He even tried to turn it on manually without the remote but nothing...
We unplugged it and plugged it into another outlet but this did nothing. I have been searching on the internet and apparently there is a huge problem out there with this Phillips tv model doing the same thing throughout the USA and Canada . The model # is 27PT5441/37 (Phillips)
manufactured in July 2004
Any help would be appreciated.

sadtv

Thanks

Magnavox Code Table

Error Code Table

0 = No error
1 = X-ray protection, E/W protection, and/or Vertical protection active
2 = High beam current protection active
3 = Reserved
4 = +5V protection active
5 = Signal Processor (IC 7150) register corrupted
6 = Signal Processor (IC 7150) error
7 = Total failure
8 = Internal RAM error (Microprocessor IC 7000)
10 = NV memory (IC7088) addressing error
11 = NV memory (IC7088) size error
12 = Histogram (YUV) (IC 7770) error
14 = Sound processor I²C error (TDA9855)
16 = Main Tuner I²C error (IC 1125)
17 = PIP Processor I²C error (IC 7350)
18 = PIP Tuner I²C error (IC 1127)

I hope this will be of help...

Hi,
Looks like you know your stuff. I am a retired EE and enjoy working on Projection TVs Since I designed optoelectronic equipment, working on the LCD and DLP projection TVs come as a natural. However, some of the tube jobs require a bit more work. I have 3 Magnavox model 51WAMAG2K6RA tube projection tvs and they will not power up. One did for about 30 seconds and started blinking a code. Now two do the same. The green LED behind the power button blinks 6 long blinks (almost 1 second on) and then blinks 8 short blinks (about 1/2 second or less) on, then goes out for about 3 or 4 seconds then starts the same all over again. The other one blinks the same 6 long blinks and then only 1 short blink, a pause of 3 or 4 seconds and then the same 6-1. Where can I get the error codes for Magnavox sets and their meaning. I thought it might be the same a Philips but maybe not since I cannot find the sequence you discribed in your code. Thanks AC4RB

Phillips 32 9641/d loss of picture

this seems to be a common fault that some people know how to fix but won't say what picture comes on for a few seconds then blacks out
sound ok any help would be good

Dead Phillips 42 inch TV

I have a Phillips 7321/37 42'' TV that from time to time displayed the white line as many in the forum hae suggested, but it was sproadic at best. Now the TV will not turn on at all. When you plug it in, it turns on, the led in front turns green, then it shuts off and then the red led flashes 7 times. Could this issue also be related to the resistor problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back