Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC motor starters

Status
Not open for further replies.

simon_12

Hi all

Can anyone tell me, how many types of DC motor starters are there? Please send me any document on this which contains all the types of DC motor starters with their electrical diagrams and working.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
mhs

There shouldn't be a need for a starter, just connect the motor to a battery and it'll run.

Could you be talking about a soft start, which prevents the current surge from blowing a fuse/circuit breaker or damaging other components?

Last edited:
Hi Hero

I am talking about high power D.C motors which require starters, to limit the inrush current.

Any helpful material on this? I already searched on google but didn't find anything relevant.

Regards,
mhs

Simon

Are you talking about mag starters for high H.p. / Amp Motors?

If so, It would have match to the type of motor you are using.

We will need more info.

Simple Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back