Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Daughters got wheels!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcmtech

Banned
Most Helpful Member
I redid a Go cart I built for my niece some years ago to work better for my daughter.
It's made mostly of old 2" x 2" signposts, and old riding lawn mower transaxle, a Craftsman Eager 1 push mower engine and some junk I had around the shop.

Heres Grandpa, Mom, and Daughter out cruising the hay fields at 2 MPH!

DCP02652.JPG

It's about time I got to drive by myself.
DCP02656.JPG

Did you just see that cat cut me off? Well here's some fingers for you kitty.

DCP02657.JPG

A girls gets her first car and everyone and their mouse think they can bum rides now.
Seriously if I get cheated on gas money they walk next time.

DCP02658.JPG

I made one just like it out of fence posts too for my son.
Now he races quarter midgets.
418913_4504676221809_1103367543_n.jpg

Kinda hoping my daughter goes that way too! I'm doing my best to ruin that spoiled city girl that her mom thinks she should be and turn her into someone useful and worth knowing some day. :D

Hi tcmtech,

That's cute but because of the blazing speed you should have taken it out to the Utah Salt Flats for testing before you let anybody else drive it :)

I redid a Go cart I built for my niece some years ago to work better for my daughter.
It's made mostly of old 2" x 2" signposts, and old riding lawn mower transaxle, a Craftsman Eager 1 push mower engine and some junk I had around the shop.

Heres Grandpa, Mom, and Daughter out cruising the hay fields at 2 MPH!

View attachment 85710

It's about time I got to drive by myself.
View attachment 85711

Did you just see that cat cut me off? Well here's some fingers for you kitty.

View attachment 85712

A girls gets her first car and everyone and their mouse think they can bum rides now.
Seriously if I get cheated on gas money they walk next time.

View attachment 85713

Lovely Pics :)

Love the Ninja headband and the determination on her little face :D

Regards,
tvtech

Raining today so her little heart is broken. :(

Of course I mentioned putting plastic over it and her but mom shot that down before I finished the sentence. :p

Daughter says we can take it to the mall in the pickup and drive around in there since the old people do that with theirs. :D

That got 2 votes for yes and one for no yet we still lost. :rolleyes:

I redid a Go cart I built for my niece some years ago
Is this the go kart that someone broke through mis-treatment and said it was all your fault?
I vaguely remember you telling about that a couple of years ago?

It all looks good fun to me.:)

JimB

Yep that's the one. Recoil kept getting ripped out of it, the brake system was busted up from driving with one foot on the gas and one on the brake and the engine got ran out of oil so I just took it home and parked it for the last few years. :(

I put a better engine on it and redesigned it to use a bigger brake cable system plus made the seat easier to adjust. ABout one good day to convert it over.

Yep that's the one. Recoil kept getting ripped out of it, the brake system was busted up from driving with one foot on the gas and one on the brake and the engine got ran out of oil so I just took it home and parked it for the last few years. :(

I put a better engine on it and redesigned it to use a bigger brake cable system plus made the seat easier to adjust. ABout one good day to convert it over.
Its the kind of thing you just keep fixing until either you run out of parts or they lose interest.
I had to go out and get a lot more parts!

Well it was her dad who kept ripping the recoil out and I think it was mostly deliberate so that she couldn't keep bothering him to start it for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back