Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Datasheet for C555A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yafch

Hi,
i need the datsheet of the following part. here is the markings that i could see on the part.
First line NEC
second line C555A
third line K43A

the part has 6 gold coloured pins underside it, and is in a metal casing just like some general purpose medium power transistors. it also has a metal tab opposit to one off its pins.(must be indicating pin 1). i need to figure out what exactly it is. an ic? or dual transistor? thanks a lot.

A picture is worth a thousand words!

Not a 555 timer not enough pins

Search results

NEC C555A CAN

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
many thanks to Hotwaterwizard for help. i have the same ic as shown in the picture. thanks for the datasheet link and reference ic,s.
but one more question,why the datasheet for NEC made ic is not available on the web.i can,t even find it on NEC web.

It is probably somewhere in the Haystack but, I can not find that needle yet

many thanks to Hotwaterwizard for help. i have the same ic as shown in the picture. thanks for the datasheet link and reference ic,s.
but one more question,why the datasheet for NEC made ic is not available on the web.i can,t even find it on NEC web.

It probably long pre-dates both the Internet and PDF files - and why would they bother scanning an old datasheet for a long obselete device.

Looked there it is not there. Many others are there but not that one!

The device might be long obsolete.but i bought these new ones. they look new and in very good condition, with NEC markings. may be they are counterfieted one,s.

The device might be long obsolete.but i bought these new ones. they look new and in very good condition, with NEC markings. may be they are counterfieted one,s.

No one is going to counterfeit an obscure, long obselete, IC, they will just be old chips that have never been used.

Why are you bothering with them anyway?, trying to use an old chip for no reason is really a very pointless exercise.

Just about everything you hold in your hands today will become obsolete the day after and therefore if you do hold more than one piece of "something" that is NOS - I see no reason to dispose of it just because it is obsolete.

Any project you may endavour on is "viable" if you hold enough spares to sustain its operation through the life time of that project and if it is so, the question is not whether it is obsolete, but if you do have a "datasheet" for it.

You may want to spend "good money" on something better and greater or "next to nothing" for what will do the job and this makes the question about a "datasheet" - valid.

Last edited:
enquire..

you have a link to an eBay auction that offers these right now, it has about a week left before the end. I would log to eBay and ask the seller for the "datasheet" - maybe he does have it, altough I doubt it because he looks like he is just "moving pieces" without much knowledge (as if the carrot looks the same as the apple).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back