Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[D I Y] 2 Camera Video Recorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electroenthusiast

I was sitting with no work, and an idea flashed into my mind. I have few junk web cameras, microSD cards and an Arduino Micro. What i intend to do is to record a video from two cameras set in different directions at a very low fps (framerate), and use a good compression video codec for the purpose. I would like to store this recordings in a MicroSD card. I dont want to record any audio, the video should be generated as one file where video from 2 cameras should be clubbed to gether to form a video side by side.

I also want to access this storage or live video from my computer, through a wifi. Any help?

Video Specs:
Resolution: VGA
FPS: 1frame/10 sec
Nightvision LED
Storage: MicroSD
Connectivity: Wifi
Audio: NO
Compression Type: X264 or any.
Video Size: Split Files
Time Stamp on Video: Yes

Skip the Arduino idea, grab a Raspberry Pi and use that. You can use Linux, a program called mjpeg-streamer and a wireless dongle for the communications.

Skip the Arduino idea, grab a Raspberry Pi and use that. You can use Linux, a program called mjpeg-streamer and a wireless dongle for the communications.
Well, i wanted to use my old Arduino Micro. Nevertheless, what advantage will Raspberry Pi give, i have never used it before.

The chances are your Arduino wouldn't have enough memory to efficiently write a driver to control the USB for one webcam let alone be able to perform all the functions you require. The Raspberry Pi is effectively a small all in one PC for around £25 which will run Linux, has plenty of accessible I/O, a network port, a HDMI socket, it can support full 1080p video, two USB ports, onboard camera port, SD card socket and much more.

Do a Google on it and have a read through - great for anything that doesn't requite too much processing power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back