Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"Cyclone" game help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wirestripper

Trying to recreate the "cyclone" game you find in arcades using: 32 LEDs, 4 - 4017 decade counters, and a 555. The circuit is currently wired in a way that, when powered, there are 4 lights traveling around the 32 LEDs arranged in a circle, but I originally had wanted it designed so that only one light travels around the circle, and have been failing miserably at achieving this. I was additionally confused as to how to wire the circuit so that when the "player" lands on a particular color light, there would be a counter that would count up the points (3 for landing on red, 1 for yellow, 1 for green). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I've been attempting this for days!!!. Thank You!

i think you are in need of cascading 4017s to make a single light to run around.
see the attachment for how to do it.

Attachments

• cascading 4017s.JPG
    cascading 4017s.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 185
I was additionally confused as to how to wire the circuit so that when the "player" lands on a particular color light, there would be a counter that would count up the points (3 for landing on red, 1 for yellow, 1 for green). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I've been attempting this for days!!!. Thank You!

you have to count the clock pulses using another two 4017 ( one for red and another for yellow & green) and hold it when it finish the counting as required. so the driver 4017s will clock to the same and increment. if you need i may post a diagram shortly

Edit: attached a count & hold circuit
Edit: you even can eliminate one 4017 in my post and simplify it...
Edit: simplified circuit attached

Attachments

• clock count.JPG
    clock count.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 168
  • clock count modified.JPG
    clock count modified.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Thank you so much for your responses!, just had a couple more questions. Can you explain to me how the count and hold circuit works because I guess what I had in mind (which I may have not been so clear about) was a circuit that would be able to register how many points you get based on what color light the player lands on when they hit the "stop switch".

Thank you so much for your responses!, just had a couple more questions. Can you explain to me how the count and hold circuit works because I guess what I had in mind (which I may have not been so clear about) was a circuit that would be able to register how many points you get based on what color light the player lands on when they hit the "stop switch".

i posted a modified one also... when any light is landed then the signal will enable the counter...reset goes low..
so it will increment until 1 count or 3 count based on what colour is selected...then hold until input is reset or until next hit

if the requirement of 32 LEDs are only to display the score you can use a counter that will count decimals & display the count & can be cascaded for many digits 9 or 99 or 999 etc...

Edit: example you can try 4026 IC that can drive a 7 segment display..
http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/datasheets_pdf/H/C/C/4/HCC4026B.shtml

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back