Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cut hand

Status
Not open for further replies.
It also sounds like the guy that had the scalpel got off free and clear, or did I miss something there too? I wish I could have gone with LG to see the principle. Why I woulda... well I would have :)

I'm not saying LG is not being truthful, rather certain details may have been left out which may be explain the detention. I have 3 boys of my own (now full grown), and when they would come home and tell me about an incident at school, blind parental love left me always taking their side, in fact, I have gone to the mats, only to discover my boy had left out one important fact, leaving me with mud on my slightly embarrassed face. So, I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin :confused:
Ha! Half of the fights my kids were in started when the other guy returned a punch.

Three incidents with me were particularly bad:

1. Jumped in grad school off school property walking home, I was the guy that was always teased. Not this time. I fought back, Kicked the guy between the legs. End of story, basically forever. In my 20's I did the same to somebody that effectively raped my GF.

2. I dropped a friend off (high school) after seeing a movie and someone got out a car behind me and jumped him. He was bigger than they were. They though he was somebody else.

The detention is because it was my fault. I was the last person to the bench so according to them I was at fault for making the bench crowded. Only bit I left out was a small detail about a few 4 letter words. We are no longer allowed sharp knives in tech. I am not doing detention anyway as I have to get a bus, and my mum more or less told them to stick it.

In tech this morning cutting out stencils with a scalpel, my mate next to me is a bit of Div and slips with his scalpel straight into the side of my hand! So I sit stunned with a scalpel sticking out the side of my hand and the idiot pulls it out! BLOOD all over the place untill the vein seals itself, girl behind is sick, teacher shouts and screams for help (nice one Mrs Hern, nice one). Trip to A&E and when I get back to school detention next week for messing about!!
Some days trouble just finds you :meh::grumpy:.

You need to see a doctor quick and get that wound checked for infection. Then sue the school for lack of safe practices and the teacher for incompetence. Should be a pretty sizable claim. :D

The trouble is, if you are a joker and live-wire you will always get blamed- just an easy target. I got blamed often in out neighborhood and I never did anything wrong!

Last edited:
The kids in our gang were about nine, and my mate had to look after his five-year-old brother. It was a few days before Guy Fawks night and I dropped a lit banger in a bottle and we all ran. There was a fizzle and then nothing. We left the bottle for five minutes but then this young kid ran up to it. There was an almighty bang and glass everywhere. The little chap was peppered with glass splinters, but luckily his eyes were OK. We spent most of the afternoon pulling glass out of his arms, legs, and face. He was a brave little fellow- not even a whimper. The funny thing was that we heard no more about the incident; I think the story was that he had fallen into a bramble bush.

At our youth club, non of this chucking darts. No, we used air pistols. One kid took a shot at the dart board and another kid walked straight in front of him. He got an air pistol dart just under the right ear. All you could see was the the tips of the feathers sticking out. We dug it out with the point of a proper dart and he was non the worse for wear. But when he got home his parents created one hell of stink. So not only were air pistols banned but the dart board and darts went too. Still there was always table tennis.

Last edited:
We were about nine and my mate had to look after his five-year-old brother. It was around Guy Fawks day and I dropped a lit banger in a bottle and we all ran. There was a fizzle and then nothing. We left it for about 5 minutes but then the little kid walked up to the bottle. There was an almighty bang and glass everywhere. The little chap was peppered with glass splinters, but luckily his eyes were OK. We spent most of the afternoon pulling glass splinters out of his arms, legs, and face. He was a brave little fellow- not even a whimper. The funny thing was that we heard no more about the incident. I think the story was that he had fallen into a bramble bush.

At our youth club non of this chucking darts. No, we used air pistols. One kid took a shot at the board and another kid walked straight in front of the board. He got an air pistol dart just under the right ear. All you could see was the the tips of the feathers sticking out. We dug it out with the tip of a proper dart and he was non the worse for wear. But when he got home his parents created one hell of stink. So not only were air pistols banned but the dart board and darts went too. Still there was always table tennis.

Grenade table tennis?

In Scotland Airguns are now considered a firearm, you need the same certificate for a airgun as you would for a AK47! and yet you can get a shotgun license no problem. This law came about because 2 idiots in Glasgow killed a two year old a few years back with an airgun. I guess the next pair of idiots will have to use a shotgun seeing as airguns are hard to get! Also the law applies to people visiting from England with airgun so be warned.

Little Ghostman,
I was wondering for your feeling that vein would self heal.
i know stitches are needed, that you confirmed later.
Anyway, so far so good.
your friend didnot butcher a finger like the last photo at post #20.
Perhaps , guys have to be little more imaginative and cautious.

Healing might take 10 days.

Also the law applies to people visiting from England with airgunx so be warned.

The most dangerous things I have now are, a wife, angle grinder and soldering iron, and even that is only 24V AC. :(

Last edited:
Soldering irons are banned at school, we have to use the connector blocks, or do like I do and take my own in! No idea about wives as i am doing my best to avoid such an expensive item! You can get one decent spectrum analyzer and a whole load of kit for less than half the price of a wife!! plus I hear you can hire women pretty cheap :D

Little Ghostman,
I was wondering for your feeling that vein would self heal.
i know stitches are needed, that you confirmed later.
Anyway, so far so good.
your friend didnot butcher a finger like the last photo at post #20.
Perhaps , guys have to be little more imaginative and cautious.

Healing might take 10 days.
The vein comment was meant to do with the fact veins are not under pressure so they stop bleeding after a bit, while arteries pump blood like mad! I have nicked (as in cut :D) veins a couple of times. When my dad trapped his arm in the tractor hydraulics he ruptured the artery and it was like a slaughter house!

Soldering irons are banned at school, we have to use the connector blocks, or do like I do and take my own in! No idea about wives as i am doing my best to avoid such an expensive item! You can get one decent spectrum analyzer and a whole load of kit for less than half the price of a wife!! plus I hear you can hire women pretty cheap :D
Hmm, very logical and true... but one day you will be smitten and all that will go out the door. You must be buying some extremely expensive kit. :eek:

On a slightly serious note, having a wife changes your life- at first you wake up and wonder who the hell is in bed next to you, but the major step function comes when you get kids. From then on your life is never the same- your whole outlook changes. Your wife also changes. Once the sprogs get past the spewing, crying, etc phase, things aren't so bad. But at about fourteen look out, especially with girls.

A friend has a wife and three daughters and has never been the same again. He even built himself another bathroom, but he still can't get in. :wideyed:

Last edited:
Hmm, very logical and true... but one day you will be smitten and all that will go out the door. You must be buying your kit at a massive discount. :eek:

On a slightly serious note, having a wife changes your life- at first you wake up and wonder who the hell is in bed next to you, but the major step function comes when you get kids. From then on your life is never the same- your whole outlook changes. Your wife also changes. Once the sprogs get past the spewing, crying, etc phase, things aren't so bad. But at about fourteen look out, especially with girls.

A friend has a wife and three daughters and has never been the same again. He even built himself another bathroom, but he still can't get in. :wideyed:

maybe my mum was just expensive!! shhh Kids!!! I know enough about genetics to avoid that at all costs!!

Actually top tip! I have three sisters two ahve left home now, but my top tip for bathroom access is to declare OMG you should see the size of the spider in the bathroom!! It got me in loads of times :D

Actually top tip! I have three sisters two ahve left home now, but my top tip for bathroom access is to declare OMG you should see the size of the spider in the bathroom!! It got me in loads of times :D

Wouldn't work - my daughter isn't scared of spiders :D

In fact she used to pick them up and chase one of her ex-boyfriends round with them - he was a semi-professional wrestler, and terrified of spiders :p

Wouldn't work - my daughter isn't scared of spiders :D

In fact she used to pick them up and chase one of her ex-boyfriends round with them - he was a semi-professional wrestler, and terrified of spiders :p

What is a semi-professional wrestler?

What is a semi-professional wrestler?

Wrestle for free? Probably a way to get seen by promoters. My dad was in a Semi pro football league many moons ago.

Then you need to use the snake in the bathroom trick. Have your 10 foot pet Boa constrictor snake on the mirror in the bathroom. That happened to me at a party at my friend's apartment. It didn't bug me though. Snakes in the wild do bug me though.

Tarantula spiders are scary, even in a cage. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarantula

Wrestle for free? Probably a way to get seen by promoters. My dad was in a Semi pro football league many moons ago.

I would call playing a sport without pay, amateur. I hear this term a lot and I never get a straight, clear answer. It seems to me that these people who don't want to be called amateur because they think they are better than amateur just decide to call themselves semi-pro. Since semi means half, I guess they think they are good enough to be called pro but just happen to not be paid - half way there.

I would call playing a sport without pay, amateur. I hear this term a lot and I never get a straight, clear answer. It seems to me that these people who don't want to be called amateur because they think they are better than amateur just decide to call themselves semi-pro. Since semi means half, I guess they think they are good enough to be called pro but just happen to not be paid - half way there.
Yeah, I dunno, one distinguishing characteristic I believe is that scouts sometimes watch these games.

Here is a pic of my dad in his semi-pro football days. I just love this photo, real old school, leather helmets and all :)

dad-2.JPG

The most dangerous things I have now are, a wife, angle grinder and soldering iron, and even that is only 24V AC. :(
You clearly have put that list in order of dangerousness...
On the subject of spiders, both my step daughters are terrified (not as much now though) of spiders, yet they both kept pet tarantulas a few years ago. Somehow they are cuter? Personally I like spiders, they eat pests.
Maybe semi-pro means they get paid but not enough or often enough to make a living of it?
The detention is because it was my fault. I was the last person to the bench so according to them I was at fault for making the bench crowded. Only bit I left out was a small detail about a few 4 letter words. We are no longer allowed sharp knives in tech. I am not doing detention anyway as I have to get a bus, and my mum more or less told them to stick it.
LG - they are saying it is your fault because you were last into the room? That is as unfair as it is stupid. They should have provided adequate benches. Supposing someone else was last in, and had sat at your bench making it up to 4. Same accident happens - is it then the latecomer's fault? F**K NO! Swing that scenario at them and see what the morons have to say. Grrrr I'm really quite cross now :mad:
I'm surprised they let you use connector blocks, as you need a screwdriver for those. Can give yourself a nasty injury from a screwdriver - stuck one in my hand enough times to know that. Hell, someone stuck a very sharp pencil in me when I was at school - still got the mark. Actually he feinted, I gave myself a defensive wound because of it. Duh. Sounds like your school would have to ban pencils after that! Cotton wool society grumble grumble moan grumble
I think you are underestimating the cost of marriage by quite a substantial margin, however the non-material reward far outweighs the financial cost (and anyway, who's to say she wouldn't earn more than you?).
It bears thinking about "you can hire women pretty cheap" vs "you can hire pretty women cheap" which is what I thought you wrote, at first. The words "don't go there" spring to mind. Unless you are talking about becoming an employer of course, in which case you can't talk about hiring women unless you are also talking about hiring men.
I'm not ranting or anything. Honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back