Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current and Conductivity [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectroMaster

Administrator
ElectroMaster submitted a new article:

Current and Conductivity - A current flow path is provided by wires or other metals and thus form conductors of electricity. T

A current flow path is provided by wires or other metals and thus form conductors of electricity. The ability of a substance to conduct electric current is termed conductivity. Current can also flow in substances such as liquids, gases, or materials whose composition offers opposition to the flow and limits the amount of current to definite quantities. The unit of electric current is known as the Ampere, named after Andre' Ampere (1775 - 1836) the famous French expermenter and scientist. One...

Read more about this article...

The measure of how well a substance will permit current flow is conductivity, not conductance.
Conductance is the reciprocal of resistance Thus the conductivity of a hundred ohm resistance is 1/100 or .01 mho. Mho being the unit of conductivity.

I have never well understood the Law of Kirchoff because there are too much phrases in the sentence which confuse me.
This author has written down the Law of Kirchoff to Simplicity in such a form that it can be visualised !
I will not forget this one easy ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back