Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CSW in ltspice

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you have been told many times on this and other forums, use the LTS help file or study some tutorials.:banghead:

You CANNOT learn LTSpice by starting a new thread for every command/option.

Attachments

• AAesp01.gif
    AAesp01.gif
    42.8 KB · Views: 612
I swear i used the help i read the manual i searched in the internet i did what is written exactly but it doesn't work ? Al this time what should i do ?!

I do not understand why you think you need to use the CSW?

First, as the Help file plainly states: The current through the named voltage source controls the switch's impedance. You did not have the CSW correctly associated with a voltage source.

Not knowing what you think you are doing, using the attribute editor, I associated the CSW with V1. Note that I named that instance of the CSW "CurSwitch". I am using the default behavior of the switch (i.e., it has a resistance of 1Ω when the current through V1 is >0). Now there is current flow through Room5 when the current in V1 is positive...

sm.gif

This behavior could be much more easily accomplish using a diode...

Running example:

Attachments

• Senario3m.asc
    1.2 KB · Views: 230
Try this mod, by way of example. Note the value given to W1, also the addition of V2. It is the current through V2 which controls W1.

Attachments

• Senario3mod.asc
    1.3 KB · Views: 247
I suggest you look at this basic example. I suggest you build that example and study it long and hard. Once you understand it and only once you understand the basic example apply what you have learned and understand to your circuit. Your problem between this and the other forum you are posting is is you seem not to understand the basics of how to use the Current Controlled Switch. I used that little tutorial or a similar one as I linked to years ago, built the little circuit and saved it as Current Controlled Switch Example. I can always refer to it. Learning to swim in the deep end of the pool is never a good idea.

Ron

I am sorry but i am wondering you saw my circuit above does the power that the thermometer gives is really the ac power or i have to multiply the result with 0.707in order to get the real ac power ?

If you start with a voltage that is 10Vrms (See V1 in the attached) , and a resistor of 20Ω, then the power in a resistor is P=(E^2)/R = 100/20 = 5 W. Compare that to what LTSpice shows. Note how I told LTSpice that I wanted a voltage source of 10Vrms (not Vpp, as is the default).

52.gif

If you started with a 20Vpp source, what would you expect the power to be?

But my voltage is ac i didnot have to give it any value but in your example it is DC
????
In my example, V1 is a 50Hz Sine wave with an amplitude of 28.28V peak-to-peak (10Vrms) with a dc offset of zero.

Soma, can you not read the Help file? Here is what it says:

sin.gif

Last edited:
Try it and see! That's the best way to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back