Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Crosshair laser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being that uses a flexible tube to hold the laser, what keeps it from moving if bumped or from the drill press vibration?

Those goose-necks are pretty stiff, so I doubt he has a problem. That was actually quite educational. My initial response to the crosshair question was simply that it was the first thing I thought of. But now I've looked at that tutorial, I can see why I would prefer a crosshair. It's purely a matter of personal preference.

I think I'm going to PWM the module and reduce it's supply voltage too, keep the pulses narrow so it should minimise the damage it can potentially do to my eyes. I'll also experiment with shining it through something that makes it dimmer, it that method isn't enough.

I'll be sure to photograph and write up a full description of the drill when it's done :)

Those goose-necks are pretty stiff, so I doubt he has a problem. That was actually quite educational. My initial response to the crosshair question was simply that it was the first thing I thought of. But now I've looked at that tutorial, I can see why I would prefer a crosshair. It's purely a matter of personal preference.

I think I'm going to PWM the module and reduce it's supply voltage too, keep the pulses narrow so it should minimise the damage it can potentially do to my eyes. I'll also experiment with shining it through something that makes it dimmer, it that method isn't enough.

I'll be sure to photograph and write up a full description of the drill when it's done :)
Good luck and keep us in the loop

Wish I could find the link again.:( But coolest idea I've seen for a PCB drill with laser was one that mounted the laser on the top side, then the drill came up through the table. The spindle was mounted below the table and was lifted by a foot pedal. The top mounted laser was just a dot aimed at the drill point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back