Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

creative speakers model no MFMF1580

Status
Not open for further replies.

dheeru kiran

I have a creative speakers model no MF1580 and it has 230v to 8v 250 mA transformer and I tested the transformer ,its not working so I'm not getting same rated transformer can I use 9v 250mA instead.

My guess is that it will work just fine. A lot of those transformers do not have a very precise voltage output because it depends on the current drawn from it. In most cases, the appliance designer allows a variation in input voltage anyway, and just a little bit more voltage shouldn't harm anything. It's likely able to withstand 50% or even 100% more than that to allow for occasional voltage spikes from the power lines. You will be fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back