Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

create space between string output in matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.

rameshrai

hello,

does anybody know how to create space between string output in matlab?

for example:

halt(k) = 'A';
halt(k) = 'B';

disp(['Output: ', halt]);

The output is
output: ABAAAABBAABABAAABAAB

I want to create space between A and B in the output, they appear attached together

how to create space between them?

thanks

Post your actual code; there are typo's in what you provided. Also show what you actually want as output.

Maybe the easiest solution is to output every letter one by one in a loop. Then you can output space after every letter.

its looks so easy but difficult
It is not difficult. I've listed a couple of methods to do it. The first uses a for loop, as suggested by misterT. The second (or third) uses strrep to replace parts of the halt string). This means that you only need to use a single method in each code block to get the described output. Using all lines in a code block will get a duplicated output.

For inserting a space between occurrences of A & B (which seems to be what you asked for):
Code:
>> for i=1:length(halt)-1, if halt(i)=='A' && halt(i+1)=='B', fprintf('A '); else fprintf('%c', halt(i)); end; end; fprintf('%c\n', halt(end));
>> disp(strrep(halt,'AB','A B'))
Output: A BAAAA BBAA BA BAAA BAA B (repeated on two lines)

If you wanted spaces between A & B and B & A, then
Code:
>> for i=1:length(halt)-1, if (halt(i)=='A' && halt(i+1)=='B') || (halt(i)=='B' && halt(i+1)=='A'), fprintf('%c ',halt(i)); else fprintf('%c', halt(i)); end; end; fprintf('%c\n', halt(end));
>> disp(strrep(strrep(halt,'AB','A B'),'BA','B A')
Output: A B AAAA BB AA B A B AAA B AA B (repeated on two lines)

Or if you actually just wanted a space between all characters,
Code:
>> for i=1:length(halt)-1, fprintf('%c ',halt(i)); end; fprintf('%c\n', halt(end));
>> str = [halt; halt*0+' ']; disp(str(:)');
>> disp(strrep(strrep(halt,'A','A '),'B','B ')
Output: A B A A A A B B A A B A B A A A B A A B (repeated on three lines)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back