Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Create another reciever for car keyless entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

ant_129

Hey guys,

I just recently stumbled across this site while googling something that I want to attempt to make.

I want to use my car's keyless transmitter to, in addition to the car, unlock my apartment door. I think I will be able to figure out everything but trying to create a proper receiving circuit for the car transmitter.

If I understand correctly the car keyless entry uses 40 bit encryption that changes after each use for both the transmitter and reciever. I am thinking that even if I am able to sync another reciever to the transmitter that it will effect the other receiver so that it won't work properly with the transmitter. Is that correct?

The main reason for wanting to use the car transmitter is less things to worry about on my key chain.

Any help, thoughts, ideas or suggestions would be appericated even if it involves calling me stupid for thinking something like this could work.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Then the lock on the door will be electric?
Then you will be locked out during a power failure, or will the lock open and let anybody in?
You will power the lock with a car battery?

I was actually planning on using an actuator similar to what is used in cars so that if something goes wrong mechincally or electrically I can manually unlock the door.

As far as power is concerned, I haven't got to that part yet. Would a circuit like that require a hugh supply of current so much so that it would drain conventinal batteries (flash light, remote batteries) too quickly to use?

ant_129 said:
I was actually planning on using an actuator similar to what is used in cars so that if something goes wrong mechincally or electrically I can manually unlock the door.
You are on the internet. Now all the burglers and even Google knows about it.

Would a circuit like that require a hugh supply of current so much so that it would drain conventinal batteries (flash light, remote batteries) too quickly to use?
I dunno. Can you buy a low voltage electric lock? I have only heard the noisy ones that operate from mains AC power.

audioguru said:
You are on the internet. Now all the burglers and even Google knows about it.
I am not sure you understand how I plan on using the electric lock. It will be something similar to how the car entry works, so that I can either unlock my door with the transmitter or with the normal manual key.

I am not worried about the other details, I think I can work those out.
All I am concerned with is the encryption on the keyless entry transmitter.

Do you have any thoughts about the transmitter?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back