Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cow feeder!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eric,

Will a Lorlin BCK1008 do the job for the switch i.e. 0-16 in a clockwise direction - it seems I can get hold of them

Regards

Mark

hi Mark,
OK, had to relook!

Its the type we wanted initially.. HEX Complimentary

So fully anticlock its '0' portions then 1 ,2 thru to fully clockwise 15 portions.

Attachments

• AAesp01.gif
    AAesp01.gif
    14.5 KB · Views: 134
  • AAesp02.gif
    AAesp02.gif
    8.4 KB · Views: 149
  • BCK.pdf
    345.8 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Great thanks for that eric the variable resistor i ordered for the board is physically too big for the board rs473 574 do you know of a smaller unit?

Regards

Mark

Edit to my last post is there a way of doing away with the variable resistor and in place putting a 39 k and a 200 k resistor for r1 and r2 this would give me about 6 seconds on and 6 seconds off ??

Great thanks for that eric the variable resistor i ordered for the board is physically too big for the board rs473 574 do you know of a smaller unit?

Regards

Mark

Hi Mark.
I will check with Boncuk [ Hans] to see which variable he used for the pcb layout.
E

EDIT:
Ref your post #103.
Doing what you suggested will not work.

Keep R2 as a 10K and by varying just R1 [ the 470K variable value] will change the On/Off times equally,, say a fixed value 150K will give approx 6sec On/Off.

A 220K for R1 will give approx 8sec On/Off.

So summarise:
1. for 6sec On and 6sec Off use R2 as 10K and R1 as 150K

if you want a longer On /Off, say 8sec On and 8sec Off make R1 a 220K,,, its that simple.

Last edited:
Eric, boncuk,

Really struggling to find the 10 uf capacitor on the rs website any chance you could offer some help?

Will the circuit work without it?

Will the circuit work without the voltage dependant resistor also?

Regards

Mark

Eric, boncuk,

Really struggling to find the 10 uf capacitor on the rs website any chance you could offer some help?

Will the circuit work without it?

Will the circuit work without the voltage dependant resistor also?

Regards

Mark

hi Mark,
No idea why there is 10uF cap on that pcb, its not on my circuit diagram, try it without it.

The VDR is important in order to protect the relay contacts. Are you having a problem locating one.??

For a quick pcb/relay test the VDR could be omitted and the circuit should work.

E

Last edited:
Hi Mark,

C7 (10µF) has been put in to make sure the timer circuit works under any condition, e.g. arcing relay contacts.

You might omit it and look for one if the circuit malfunctions occasionally when the relay contacts are released.

Boncuk

Last edited:
All so sorry not been on for a long long time ive finally made the feeder prototype up currently powered by a 9 v battery ready for installing some time in the next few weeks ive attached a picture although i dont know if its worked!

Update!

I have two of the above installed! Both have been in service for at least 7 months!

However my quest for an easier solution is ongoing, just yesterday ive ordered a astable vibrator kit, already made up for 7.99 and ave ordered a spring loaded lighting timer an intermatic ff5 which i am hoping will do exactly what i want but a lot easier to assemble!

Thoughts welcome!

Regards

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back