Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cow feeder!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see that too on that website - but when you put it into the basket and then go to checkout - it doesnt give you any options for the UK

I see that too on that website - but when you put it into the basket and then go to checkout - it doesnt give you any options for the UK

Ok, I will try it, let you know..

EDIT:
Tried to open an Account, but only offers Poland plus two other countries.???

Last edited:
Last edited:
Eric,

Am i correct in saying that the bcks 1002 will still work but the setting 0-16 will be backwards?

Regards

Mark
hi Mark
It could be connected 'backwards' if thats acceptable.?

Do you want a diagram showing how best to do that.??

EDIT: A point to watch out for is their switch markings are reversed

Attachments

• AAesp05.gif
    AAesp05.gif
    13.9 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Yes that would be good eric if possible?

Mark,
Look at that image in my last post.

The offer to assemble and debug your 1st unit is still on the table if you get stuck... free gratis

Eric

Eric,

Thanks for that so will that work 0-16 clockwise or 0-16 anticlockwise?

Also depending on which way round it is do you know where i can get a switch legend plate from i.e. Some form of sticker that shows the switch positions

Regards

Mark

Eric,

Thanks for that so will that work 0-16 clockwise or 0-16 anticlockwise?

Also depending on which way round it is do you know where i can get a switch legend plate from i.e. Some form of sticker that shows the switch positions

Regards

Mark

Mark,
For a clockwise rotation of the knob, it will go 15, 14,......1,0

A local engraver could make a switch plate from 'traffolite' [ white letters on a black background] with a central fixing hole, that could be secured, using the switch shaft/nut.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Hi Mark,

here are the changes to be applied when using a complementary switch:

1. cut the trace leading to terminal "E" at about the position as drawn
2. solder a piece of wire from "E" to VSS trace
3. drill a hole of 0.8mm (0.03") dia at a distance of 0.1" in line with RN1 right of pin 5 of RN1 as shown in the screenshot
4. insert RN1 with pin1 in the new drill hole (pin5 should now be due South of terminal "D")
5. solder a straight piece of wire from the emitter of T1 to pin1 of RN1.

6. finished :)

Regards

Boncuk

Attachments

• cowfeed-rn1.gif
    cowfeed-rn1.gif
    36.7 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Boncuk

Thank you for that i ordered 9 of the boards two for "dropsies"!!!!!

So im going to try both yours and erics suggestions to see which one i should go with

I am so looking forward to building these control units!!!!

Regards

Mark

Boncuk, Eric,

Would you be so kind as to check my component list for me before I order? I realise I have already put on you guys, this would be appreciated.

I purchase most of my gear from www.rswww.com

I have picked out the following component parts for my circuit

492-6760
522-3337p
706-0591
534-4002
612-8148
612-8154
674-2432
711-0927
295-028
473-574

Sometimes it can be daunting ordering things of this nature because there is so much selection!!

Regards

Mark

hi Mark,
Will do, give me a couple of hours.

EDIT:
Look at this list of RS Comp numbers, note some of the items are in packs or tubes...

Please recheck all my list against the RS web database, also post here your final order before placing with RS, and I will check again

492-6760 relay.... 40.11.7.012.2000 40.11 7.012 = 12Vdc 2000. standard cont Looks OK against PCB.
522-3337p 10k Resistor DIL in multiples of 25
706-0591 220u 16v cap 5mm in packs of 25
534-4002 LMC555 IC DIP
612-8148 8pin DIP IC skt in tubes of 60
612-8154 14pin DIP IC skt in tubes of 34
674-2432 16pin DIP IC skt in packs of 10
711-0927 47uf at 16V cap in packs of 100
295-028 2N2222A transistor in pack of 5
473-574 470K pot in pack of 5

also required per PCB
1 398-455 HEF4093 DIP IC
1 619-5520 HEF4516 DIP IC
3 211-5413 100nF Cap packs of 10
1 653-0305 10nf Cap packs of 25
3 149-818 10K resistors 1/4Watt Metal film packs of 10
1 148-506 1K resistors " packs of 10
1 628-8931 1N4001 diode packs of 10
1 467-973 VDR1 packs of 5

Last edited:
hi Mark,
Chat with Boncuk before ordering, he can get pricing for you via Germany.

E

Hi Mark,

here is your shoppint cart.

The relay is omitted since my supplier kicked it off the stock. However there are plenty of relays matching the FINDER S40.11 concerning performance and footprint/

Also omitted are the heavy duty push buttons (vandalism proof) which cost €5.84 per piece and the binary code switch which is available at "Reichelt elektronik" only for PCB-mounting with very small encapsulation.

Eric has a lot of them but he would use 4 single switches to create any value from 0 to 15. (1 to 16).

Attached is a copy of the shopping cart. I used 10 pieces per part for easier calculation. Just divide the total amount by 10 to get the price to populate one single board.

All electrolytic caps are low ESR types with a temperature range up to 105C for a long life with little drift of the rated capacitance value.

Prices include 19% sales tax which will be deducted for delivery outside Germany.

So the total invoice should be €26.02 less shipping cost.

If you want to order it won't be a problem doing that using the already stored shopping list. I'll use your postal address for delivery and upon receiving a "proforma invoice" I'll provide the bank data of Reichelt elektronik. Upon receipt of the money Reichelt will initiate quick delivery (within 24 hours).

Kind regards

Boncuk

Attachments

• COWFEEDER_ORDER.gif
    COWFEEDER_ORDER.gif
    13.7 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Boncuk, thanks for all the work you have done but i think ill just order from rs i hope i dont offend you taking this action

Mark

Boncuk, thanks for all the work you have done but i think ill just order from rs i hope i dont offend you taking this action

Mark

No problem for me.

I just intended to give you as much assistance as possible.

Next step should be soft rock back ground music for maximum happiness of the cows.

They generally produce more milk when happy. :)

Boncuk

I will tell my farther about the music i have worked in milking parlours where music was played it must be worth a go !!!!

Regards

Mark

Eric,

Will a Lorlin BCK1008 do the job for the switch i.e. 0-16 in a clockwise direction - it seems I can get hold of them

Regards

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back